Anyone got any hobbies?

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Good post.  I fear that the walk up attendees will diminish over the coming months if we continue to stagnate like this. I am currently a member as I cannot commit to getting a season ticket due to work and young children commitments. After £50 for my membership, it has cost me £37 and £34 to sit on the Kop against the Pigs and Leeds. As an average, it will cost £31 a game after my £50 initial fee. What ever way you like at it, it is too much for Championship football. 

I have bought into the fact that the Chairman wants the fanbase to contribute given he has invested £75m. However, my gripe is that we have spent a significant amount of money on players and we haven't really improved the first team after the Hull playoff final defeat.  I have lost confidence in the management of our club and our recruitment strategy. Given this, I want change at the Club regarding appointing a new head coach/manager and a new approach to recruitment which will be bedded in prior to the January window.

Thought this was a good post too. I was a POTG last season but not a member as I didn't know how many matches in would be able to attend. In the end I went to 20 matches which cost me over £750 so this year I went for a season ticket to try and save some money. I agree prices are far too high for Championship football,  particularly in this part of the world. I was talking to a Liverpool member the other week and he pays similar or less than us.

With regards to hobbies, I enjoy going to the theatre and cinema and enjoy walking in the Peak District. In fact I had a theatre trip yesterday which is why I couldn't go to Bolton. Small mercies. I wouldn't stop going to Hillsborough because I still love going to matches but I agree with you that many POTG fans will. I also agree that despite all the money that has been spent we are no better except we have greater strength in depth. The problem with that is that most of them are on the bench or not in the squad at all. The first team is really no better than two seasons ago. Shame really. 

6 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

WTF:

When I saw this O/P come up first thing I thought,  oh no he's still in bed but pretty soon he is gonna get up and BOOM pretty much what I thought it would be WTF:

It's Sunday In Mexborough best day for a bit of stalking, they are busy in their back yards in their Nora Batty outfits doing their washing with their mangles and wash boards whilst listening to George Formby or Glenn Miller on their gramophones 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Cos no point bothering getting invested into this season really is there.

lol

Well, it could be an entertaining season to see if we actually make the play offs?? ;)

Seeing as we're 4 pts off the play off spots right now and maybe not too far from the drop either; there's excitement to be had over challenge in the Championship... heck, I don't know, Brighton had a poo season just before they went up so maybe it's our blip season where we're disillusioned over 2 failures to promote and then come to our senses and manage in our next season... players are good enough but their confidence and creativity takes such a hit in some games, it's unfathomable how...