Anyone got any hobbies?

Didn't go to today's match so decided to go on a bike ride with it being one of the last decent weekend's. Did a bit of a ground tour ideally wanted to get in Donny, Rotherham and Chesterfield too but ended up setting off much later than planned (1.30). 

By the time I'd messed about with the chain issues near Oughtibridge and puncture at Brampton it was really dark on the TPT and quiet roads between Elsecar and home (S12).Screenshot_20171014-213849.thumb.png.518c2992a52c11d7d1d99343fb71a821.png

Screenshot_20171014-213759.png

Screenshot_20171014-213836.png

Screenshot_20171014-213806.png

Screenshot_20171014-213722.png

Edited by ReginaldD
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, beechy85 said:

Not a hobby but I’d much rather spend a day out with my kids than spend £100+ on going to match on a weekend. Especially with what gets served up half of time for £42 a pop no thanks!

This post is a true but quite saddening state of affairs. When I was a lad in the early 90s I’d go to 6-10 home games a season with my parents , usually against the coventrys and wimbledons etc as often there was offers on and had various membership schemes. Now all we have is 50 quid to get 5 pound soft a ticket. It doesn’t need me to explain that’s a waste of time 

If I was 8 years old now I wouldnt get to go. 36 each for my parents and god only knows what it costs children to get in these days . It’s simply unaffordable as a day out. 

The daft amongst us (myself included) will always go , but it I can’t help feeling We are pricing out / putting off a thousands of future wednesdayites with our awful admission charges.

Im sure you had a far more enjoyable Saturday than I did yesterday ! 

This season is the first season since 1990/91 I haven't had a season ticket. Cost and being bored out of my head being the two main reasons.

This season I have started taking my little girl out more and more on Saturdays, we go shopping, I have got an annual pass for Yorkshire Wildlife park (£100 for 2 adults). There are a few play areas there.

In the days I don't have my little girl, I will go around to mates, have a couple of accumulators, couple of drinks.

Do you know the scary thing? I don't miss it. And the even scarier thing, I don't think I would ever get another season ticket.

For the entertainment, there are far better options out there that are far cheaper.

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

This post is a true but quite saddening state of affairs. When I was a lad in the early 90s I’d go to 6-10 home games a season with my parents , usually against the coventrys and wimbledons etc as often there was offers on and had various membership schemes. Now all we have is 50 quid to get 5 pound soft a ticket. It doesn’t need me to explain that’s a waste of time 

If I was 8 years old now I wouldnt get to go. 36 each for my parents and god only knows what it costs children to get in these days . It’s simply unaffordable as a day out. 

The daft amongst us (myself included) will always go , but it I can’t help feeling We are pricing out / putting off a thousands of future wednesdayites with our awful admission charges.

Im sure you had a far more enjoyable Saturday than I did yesterday ! 

Good post.  I fear that the walk up attendees will diminish over the coming months if we continue to stagnate like this. I am currently a member as I cannot commit to getting a season ticket due to work and young children commitments. After £50 for my membership, it has cost me £37 and £34 to sit on the Kop against the Pigs and Leeds. As an average, it will cost £31 a game after my £50 initial fee. What ever way you like at it, it is too much for Championship football. 

I have bought into the fact that the Chairman wants the fanbase to contribute given he has invested £75m. However, my gripe is that we have spent a significant amount of money on players and we haven't really improved the first team after the Hull playoff final defeat.  I have lost confidence in the management of our club and our recruitment strategy. Given this, I want change at the Club regarding appointing a new head coach/manager and a new approach to recruitment which will be bedded in prior to the January window.