I'm Embarrassed To Be a Wednesday Fan

prowl

Come on we are Wednesday when has anything been plain sailing. Sunday was another hiccup and we will get over it. I am Wednesday till the end and enjoy not being the typical glory hunting supporter that sulks and cry when we lose.

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

ha of course mate it's cos i ripped into him about woy  

I love good natured banter but he went on to say we just don't look like wednesday in that strip and he's right 

never ever embarrassed to be an owl  but that was embarrassing even to a fully paid up true fan  surely 

I think we do look like Wednesday, last season we didn't....we wore today's kit for the first seven years I followed Wednesday, it was stripes I had to get used to.

I'm proud to be a Sheffield Wednesday fan and I always will be no matter what, managers and players will come and go as will owners and fans but this proud great name In British football will stand out from the rest just by saying the name,how good does it sound ?, try it "Sheffield Wednesday"... almost as good as "The Wednesday"...:biggrin:

Edited by steveger

36 minutes ago, prowl said:

Seriously, I am.

I've never heard so much snivelling, gutless whinging over the loss of a game of football. Get over it and grow a pair.

Yes we capitulated, yes we lost to our biggest rivals, yes it hurt but get over it then get over yourselves.

Get a sense of proportion, you haven't lost an arm or a leg, you haven't lost someone close to you, it was a football match. There's another one coming up and another after that.

We don't need an apology, we don't need Lee Bullen as manager, Chansiri isn't skint, the team aren't totally useless.

Pick yourselves up, dust yourselves down, move on.  

Honestly.

Are you advocating there's no problem amigo ?

6 minutes ago, steveger said:

I'm proud to be a Sheffield Wednesday fan and I always will be no matter what, managers and players will come and go as will owners and fans but this proud great name In British football will stand out from the rest just by saying the name,how good does it sound ?, try it "Sheffield Wednesday"... almost as good as "The Wednesday"...:biggrin:

Hear Hear NEVER BE ASHAMED TO TO BE WEDNESDAY ..

I was born on a Friday but wished it was a Wednesday personally I blame my mother for that....

Football is escapolgy for most of us. A time to forget life's hardships and cheer your team on in the hope they have a good season. Having a city rival is like the pantomime villain. 

The Blunts are the club we love to hate and vice versa. For the 2 hours or so we are at the match we lose ourselves in the splendour of the occasion and whip up the atmosphere (well not always) in the hope of intimidating the opposition. We are the 12th man. 

It's a vice for us, a drug if you will and weekends don't quite feel the same without it. The pre match pint, the Beres sandwich, the programme, the team news on your smartphone, the first glimpse of the stadium and pitch as you enter, the excitement, the vibe, the sense of togetherness as you stand shoulder to shoulder with your brethren, the walkout music, the high o silver, the kick off. 

The atmosphere is intensified when we play that lot. It's never just 3 points, it's never just another game, it's never friendly. 

When we put in a performance like that fans have every right to be upset. We'll dust ourselves down and go again but Wednesday owe us one for that. 

Apologies if I embarrassed anyone. 

As you were. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, steveger said:

Tried it - it actually felt fantastic. Freeking love my football club and it's a part of my identity, as well as family bonding and childhood memories. No getting over that result, it's just a game yeah but means a lot to many many fans. I expect the squad and manager to match the passion we all show on here - because that's all it is when people sound off...it's passion.

I'm just holding on to the giant ball cake....we may have limped out to those rotters but we'll always have the cake.