Favourite goal against the scrubbers ?

Mellor for me.

It was the first one I'd seen us score against them that actually counted for something (been at a couple of games before where we had failed to score and loads of testimonials where other than pride nothing was at stake).

It was a brilliant goal in front of a packed Kop, record breaking crowd, it was Christmas, was there with my Mum and just to make it extra special they'd been giving it large for months about how they where going to murder us and it got rammed back down their throats in the best way imaginable. In fact truth be told it so far exceeded expectations that I don't think any of us imagined it even in our wildest dreams.

• Thanks 1

We lead at half time through a Layne goal at the Bramall Lane end. Can't even remember it or how the Blades scraped into a 2-1 lead in the second half.

It was a day of bright sunshine and chilly on this December day when Wednesday won a free kick on the left of the box attacking their Kop. It was about 27 or 28 yards out on the left of the box. Hodgkinson was adjusting his cap against the bright sunshine as the wall assembled. Layne took his run and thundered a shot that beat Hodgkinson, what made it ultra impressive was the ball went in off the underside of the bar and rattled around the goal pin ball fashion. No segregation then so Owls were dancing around al round the ground. The double was missed even though we managed to win the return where Layne was on Target again ! 

Not been mentioned this. Showing my age and it was the late 60s, think it was 68/69 season. John Ritchie rasping header at the away end however we were stood in the middle of the Shoreham and delioursly celebrated amongst a mob of about 1,000 strong wedneday fans.Talk about rubbing it in.

40 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Not been mentioned this. Showing my age and it was the late 60s, think it was 68/69 season. John Ritchie rasping header at the away end however we were stood in the middle of the Shoreham and delioursly celebrated amongst a mob of about 1,000 strong wedneday fans.Talk about rubbing it in.

It hit the stanchion in the goal and bounced out and McCalliog rammed it back into the net lol 

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

We lead at half time through a Layne goal at the Bramall Lane end. Can't even remember it or how the Blades scraped into a 2-1 lead in the second half.

It was a day of bright sunshine and chilly on this December day when Wednesday won a free kick on the left of the box attacking their Kop. It was about 27 or 28 yards out on the left of the box. Hodgkinson was adjusting his cap against the bright sunshine as the wall assembled. Layne took his run and thundered a shot that beat Hodgkinson, what made it ultra impressive was the ball went in off the underside of the bar and rattled around the goal pin ball fashion. No segregation then so Owls were dancing around al round the ground. The double was missed even though we managed to win the return where Layne was on Target again ! 

That was my first derby at the lane remember watching the wednesdayites on the Shoreham with awe as they went beserk

14 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Shows how my memorys working these days. Could have sworn it was Ritchies goal but I stand to be corrected. Still a brilliant day though.

No..it was...just that I thought it was McCalliog's goal until someone told me it was Ritchie's as it had hit the stanchion in the goal and bounced back out lol

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

No..it was...just that I thought it was McCalliog's goal until someone told me it was Ritchie's as it had hit the stanchion in the goal and bounced back out lol

Cheers for that. As I said I was stood on the shoreham and the goal was far end. All I can remember was  a cross and Ritchie rising up way above anybody else and it hiting the back of the net then total bedlum.

20 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Cheers for that. As I said I was stood on the shoreham and the goal was far end. All I can remember was  a cross and Ritchie rising up way above anybody else and it hiting the back of the net then total bedlum.

I must have been stood with you as it was my first derby at the lane aged 14 stood with my mates 67/68 season

Edited by daveyboy66

It's really hard to pick, seen quite a few in my time, BDM was my first derby match. I keep agreeing to all suggestions on here and I still can't make up my mind.

My top 3 Wednesday players have all scored crackers against em, Waddle, Hirst and Sheridan. I think I may just have to go for Sheridan in ZDS, absolutely loved the bloke and he scored such a beauty after picking up the ball in our half and it killed em off in the game.