Reckon there will be much hoolie bovver on Sunday?

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

everyones going on about this so called trouble happening ,I doubt there will be 5 arrests, there will be so much kops about that only a total fool would kick off remember they have only a small following 2300.  but sunday after now that's a different story 4600 leeds supporters/morons  will be coming and at least a few hundred of them are nutters ,it will kick off big time for that game there will need twice the police for scum leeds visit. until fa starts acting against these clubs with a large amount of morons leeds,millwall,and now sufc and starts banning them for say a couple of away games every time they cause a riot and do loads of damage they will keep doing it.

Plenty of them about mate lol

1 minute ago, selbyowls said:

Banning genuine fans is not the answer points deduction is 20 points at least or automatic regulation.Then real fans will stand up and get at the morons sorted.

spot on m8 ive always thought the same , we have a few idiots of our own a few away games last season they were ripping things down ie Rotherham,birmingham  and it can effect our away allocation which it did for Barnsley and villa away last season . if we had a few tools doing those stupid things and then we get threatened with points deduction I think  a few of our own will hand a few slaps out to em. I told some lobster at an away game last season to cut it out he was banging and causing trouble at beer que which if he carried on would have meant shutters going up.

2 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Sure.  Well, as to English fans it may be more of a distinction of degree than kind; but over the years they have been particularly awful both at country and club level.  But be all that as it may.

And let me give a counterexample.  Last season about 20 minutes into the Newcastle game there were goings on a few rows in front of me in the North.  The security people had moved in and insisted this bloke leave - and it turned out it was because he was a Newcastle fan. He was middle aged, didn't look remotely prone to violence or any kind of threat to anyone.   To my mind rather shamefully, several of our supporters were encouraging the stewards and taunting the guy as he was taken out.  What on earth is the point?  Are people in some way unable to cope with others shouting for the other team?  Real grown up people with jobs and kids and mortgages?  Unbelievable.

Good post. 

In my opinion the newcastle fan (assuming he wasn't acting  a tw@t) was very unlucky. I have been in numerous away ends watching Wednesday and never had a problem. 

Including 

Leeds united

Sheffield united

Everton

Derby

Liverpool

1 hour ago, Geedee said:

Good post. 

In my opinion the newcastle fan (assuming he wasn't acting  a tw@t) was very unlucky. I have been in numerous away ends watching Wednesday and never had a problem. 

Including 

Leeds united

Sheffield united

Everton

Derby

Liverpool

It would seem you have developed the knack of being in the opposites home end under stealth

th.jpeg

Hopefully having fewer of their fans there means less chance of bother. Incidentally their TPP scheme is not two year rolling so presumably rewards longer term fans than newly dedicated ones (if that term makes sense). Not sure what that means in terms of chances of bother.

Bound to kick off somewhere in town or such like though where people have been watching it at the pub. 

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 08:54, George said:

I got very annoyed at the BBC saying Arsenal fans had "shown great restraint" when the Cologne fans got in their end last week. No they didn't. They behaved like ordinary grown ups.

I went to Wasps v Quins on Sunday with a bunch of Wasps supporting mates. They didn't have to show restraint to avoid filling me in, we just had a laugh and a joke about it and my team (somewhat unusually) won.

I love the friendly rivalry at Rugby games. It is exactly why I'd prefer it if my son chose to play rugby and not football but I wont be forcing anything.

They do something down at Sheffield Rugby Club for 3 year olds plus and they don't just teach the game, they teach them manners as well. It runs almost all the way through the sport to the support.

I've seen what's happened to my nephew aged 8 who is obsessed with Sheffield United and everything I hear or see when he talks or rather shouts about football is scary, a little 'oyk' in the making.

You call the referee sir in Rugby and he is most definitely in charge of the game and whilst players may not agree with all his decisions they do not react to them, they respect them. In football they do not respect the referee and even the pundits on tv give the referee stick in football probably because most of them are ex players. I truly believe that the pantomime drama that is on display on the football field and the hype around it generated by promoters who love the money, the glitz and the supposed glamour of the financial storm it has become and even the self-publicising WAGS are all responsible for it, not to mention the agents. Many footballers attitude of f*£k it we're rich as stink and we'll do what we want transcends to the terraces.

Football should in my opinion learn from Rugby from grass roots level and whilst they have put some halfarsed measures in towards that it's not enough. If all the governing bodies of football stated that from a certain date any dissent shown to the referee of a football match by the players results in a straight red it would in my opinion influence a change throughout the game and eventually as far as the terraces.

1 hour ago, OutspokenTom said:

I love the friendly rivalry at Rugby games. It is exactly why I'd prefer it if my son chose to play rugby and not football but I wont be forcing anything.

They do something down at Sheffield Rugby Club for 3 year olds plus and they don't just teach the game, they teach them manners as well. It runs almost all the way through the sport to the support.

I've seen what's happened to my nephew aged 8 who is obsessed with Sheffield United and everything I hear or see when he talks or rather shouts about football is scary, a little 'oyk' in the making.

You call the referee sir in Rugby and he is most definitely in charge of the game and whilst players may not agree with all his decisions they do not react to them, they respect them. In football they do not respect the referee and even the pundits on tv give the referee stick in football probably because most of them are ex players. I truly believe that the pantomime drama that is on display on the football field and the hype around it generated by promoters who love the money, the glitz and the supposed glamour of the financial storm it has become and even the self-publicising WAGS are all responsible for it, not to mention the agents. Many footballers attitude of f*£k it we're rich as stink and we'll do what we want transcends to the terraces.

Football should in my opinion learn from Rugby from grass roots level and whilst they have put some halfarsed measures in towards that it's not enough. If all the governing bodies of football stated that from a certain date any dissent shown to the referee of a football match by the players results in a straight red it would in my opinion influence a change throughout the game and eventually as far as the terraces.

I reckon with the odd exception (and we know who they are), it is gradually getting better.

You see more & more away fans (of the decent variety) mingling in pubs before games, talking about the game in general, players, this season's chances etc etc.

There were Sunderland fans kicking around pubs before the game recently, all ok, wearing colours, having a drink and just being normal.

We found a lot of the Bristol people were just fine, saying things like "Have a safe journey back" etc and this seems to be the growing trend.

I suppose the Norwich fans were working on this basis though and got a real rude awakening.

Maybe the 'decent' clubs will become known as such and the scummers will also become known as such at the other end of the spectrum.

Times have moved on (for most) and football with it, the ones who refuse to move on need hanging out to dry, starting with the scrubbers from the dark side.

5 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I reckon with the odd exception (and we know who they are), it is gradually getting better.

You see more & more away fans (of the decent variety) mingling in pubs before games, talking about the game in general, players, this season's chances etc etc.

There were Sunderland fans kicking around pubs before the game recently, all ok, wearing colours, having a drink and just being normal.

We found a lot of the Bristol people were just fine, saying things like "Have a safe journey back" etc and this seems to be the growing trend.

I suppose the Norwich fans were working on this basis though and got a real rude awakening.

Maybe the 'decent' clubs will become known as such and the scummers will also become known as such at the other end of the spectrum.

Times have moved on (for most) and football with it, the ones who refuse to move on need hanging out to dry, starting with the scrubbers from the dark side.

Being a real sea change in the attitude of fans.  Each season a coach load of Wolverhampton fans turn up at the Rotherham Owls Club (Silverwood Working Mens Club (Baggin)) the only trouble is getting them to move around the table as they nick our places.  Have a friendly chat with them, makes for a good atmosphere.