Over Hyped or Another Error?

The first Derby for 6 years, both teams doing relatively well and as yet it's not a sell out. (A sell out now being less than 35k)

Can we add the horrific prices for this match to the growing list of basic errors DC/the club are making or is it all over hyped and the average part time fan is not that fussed??

It's not an error though is it? There are around 400 tickets left. Even if they sell them with a lower category gate receipts would not have been high as they are on Sunday, likely to be up there for a possible gate receipts record for us i would think?

How is it an error?

Without bring VAT into it we may not sell roughly 500 tickets at £42 = £21k of revenue. But managed to sell for the sake of argument 10,000 at a conservative £10 extra more than most would have wanted = £100k. An extra £79k for Chansiri's back pocket, i wish i made errors like that.

All about supply and demand, there is obviously demand there to cover the extra prices. 

Edited by the golden bullen
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, the golden bullen said:

How is it an error?

Without bring VAT into it we may not sell roughly 500 tickets at £42 = £21k of revenue. But managed to sell for the sake of argument 10,000 at a conservative £10 extra more than most would have wanted = £100k. An extra £79k for Chansiri's back pocket, i wish i made errors like that.

All about supply and demand, there is obviously demand there to cover the extra prices. 

Although what you say is correct the DC's back pocket comment is a bit harsh, he does plough the money back into the club unlike some.

Causal link. The self same fans who moan about prices are the same fans who duty bound trot out and buy their SKY packages. All done in the knowledge that they are significantly contributing towards a lop sided distribution in finance. Yet the same fans bleat if their team shows the slightest sign of being less than 'top two' competitive.

The clubs not blessed with super Sky funding have little option but to maximise gate receipts, the fans have the option not to subscribe to SKY but they don't.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Causal link. The self same fans who moan about prices are the same fans who duty bound trot out and buy their SKY packages. All done in the knowledge that they are significantly contributing towards a lop sided distribution in finance. Yet the same fans bleat if their team shows the slightest sign of being less than 'top two' competitive.

The clubs not blessed with super Sky funding have little option but to maximise gate receipts, the fans have the option not to subscribe to SKY but they don't.   

That always makes me laugh, someone on FH said they would not be goin due to finances £45 but would be watching it on Sky (circa £800 pa). Strange.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

You don't have to be a Sky subscriber to watch the game.

Illegal streams aside, you can buy a day pass through Now TV (app on most devises these days) for £6.99.

I would counter that not many people who are not Sky subscribers still have the box to watch it on, I certainly haven't.

Edited by toppOwl