Over Hyped or Another Error?

Guest Copthorneowl

Don't realistically think we can other than accept our prices are high and also that many of our passionate fans with kids to support, big mortgages etc. etc. have to set priorities and then only go to odd matches, however...... 

We now have an owner who's proved beyond any argument from anybody that he has the very best thoughts of SWFC at the forefront of everything he does, he's clearly (imo) looking to get match day income up as far as he can without completely alienating too many fans and balancing the book for ffp. Let's be fair he's the best owner we've ever had by a mile he's put many millions of his own money in and hopefully if we can get where we need he will be in a position to ease off on the ticket pricing thanks to the tw*ats from sky who'll be paying us millions.

Its a great shame so many Wednesdatites can't afford to see the best team we've had in two decades.

Edited by Copthorneowl

4 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Causal link. The self same fans who moan about prices are the same fans who duty bound trot out and buy their SKY packages. All done in the knowledge that they are significantly contributing towards a lop sided distribution in finance. Yet the same fans bleat if their team shows the slightest sign of being less than 'top two' competitive.

The clubs not blessed with super Sky funding have little option but to maximise gate receipts, the fans have the option not to subscribe to SKY but they don't.   

How are Sky forcing clubs to charge stupidly high prices???

Sky pump money in, clubs choose to fleece supporters.

5 hours ago, torres said:

The first Derby for 6 years, both teams doing relatively well and as yet it's not a sell out. (A sell out now being less than 35k)

Can we add the horrific prices for this match to the growing list of basic errors DC/the club are making or is it all over hyped and the average part time fan is not that fussed??

Not this week pal.

Not the time to do it.

Just playing right into their hands.

Derby week and the run up to the match is supposed to be us against them, not us against them and some of us.

2 hours ago, Gateford_Owl said:

Look, the prices are abhorrent. Simple as that.

The Clappers will dress it up in many different ways as they dare not say a bad word against the regime. 

I love my club, but I absolutely hate the road we've gone down with pricing tickets. It makes me feel a mixture of anger and sadness that thousands of people, many with kids who are the next generation of Wednesdayites, can't afford to go to games. And I'm speaking from a position where fortunately I can afford tickets. I imagine that my feelings of anger and sadness pale into insignificance compared to those that can't afford to go - kids who instead of having local heroes, sport Man City shirts with 'Aguero' on the back.

We've really got this badly wrong but those justifying the prices won't fully realise the depth of the situation until it's too late.

Summed up perfectly 

I've got a season ticket and all being well always will have purely because I can't stop going!! 

But the prices our club charge are sickening and not something any supporter can be proud of.

Off the pitch we are a disgrace  

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Not this week pal.

Not the time to do it.

Just playing right into their hands.

Derby week and the run up to the match is supposed to be us against them, not us against them and some of us.

I'm not 7 so I realise what someone puts on the internet doesn't make one iota of difference to the outcome of the match or stature of our support pal 

8 minutes ago, torres said:

I'm not 7 so I realise what someone puts on the internet doesn't make one iota of difference to the outcome of the match or stature of our support pal 

That'll be why they've been quoting the divisions within our support over just about everything for the last 2 months then!! 

16 minutes ago, torres said:

How are Sky forcing clubs to charge stupidly high prices???

It's like banging your head against a dumb wall, some on here thinks it's great we just about sell 29k tickets against our biggest ever rivals, while both clubs on more or less on equal standing (league wise) ...fooook knows what they would think if we sold 40K tickets for a 3rd division match.lol

Why not cut the capacity to 10,000 and sell tickets at £200, I'm sure we would sell out and make em even more happy

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

It's like banging your head against a dumb wall, some on here thinks it's great we just about sell 29k tickets against our biggest ever rivals, while both clubs on more or less on equal standing (league wise) ...fooook knows what they would think if we sold 40K tickets for a 3rd division match.lol

Why not cut the capacity to 10,000 and sell tickets at £200, I'm sure we would sell out and make em even more happy

Not really sure what your point is.

We have basically sold what we were allowed to sell.

No doubt if we had more tickets available in any of the other 3 stands other than sat below them f****rs (which will sell out anyway) we would have sold them as well. 

1 hour ago, torres said:

Summed up perfectly 

I've got a season ticket and all being well always will have purely because I can't stop going!! 

But the prices our club charge are sickening and not something any supporter can be proud of.

Off the pitch we are a disgrace  

I don't think our prices are sickening, just market driven. Not sure that  we need to be proud of our ticket prices, but we do need to understand ,that in order to compete with clubs in the Championship who have parachute payments or very rich owners,then we need to charge what the fan base can monetary support. Blackburn charged the lowest ticket price in the Championship, they got relegated.

I, somehow don't think that you have a season ticket PURELY for your stated reason, but because you enjoy going AND you can afford to pay the market price.

3 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

I don't think our prices are sickening, just market driven. Not sure that  we need to be proud of our ticket prices, but we do need to understand ,that in order to compete with clubs in the Championship who have parachute payments or very rich owners,then we need to charge what the fan base can monetary support. Blackburn charged the lowest ticket price in the Championship, they got relegated.

I, somehow don't think that you have a season ticket PURELY for your stated reason, but because you enjoy going AND you can afford to pay the market price.

Huddersfield weren't far off the cheapest and got promoted!

7 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

If the 400 odd remaining tickets sell by Sunday I don't imagine it'll be seen as an error on DC's part.

We all have differing opinions on the pricing issues but a sell out, shown on Sky with Cat A prices...he'll be fairly happy at that I imagine.

So was wee pipe Turpin once. 

8 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Could have sworn i highlighted the bit "or stature of our support".

The "stature of our support" was clearly diminished by all the in fighting, as highlighted by the unwashed revelling in it.

I don't know whether you are being serious or not now. 

You honestly think an Internet forum debate or what the pigs put on twitter matters??

Id get out more if I were you! Or at least go to a match or 2 to realise you don't have to worry 

31 minutes ago, torres said:

I don't know whether you are being serious or not now

You honestly think an Internet forum debate or what the pigs put on twitter matters??

Id get out more if I were you! Or at least go to a match or 2 to realise you don't have to worry 

No, doesn't really surprise me.