Championship

8 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

If Leeds are utter shuffle and top of the league.

What do you think that makes us, the team in 9th.

Bearing in mind we conceded as many goals in extra time today that Leeds have conceded this season.

Why so touchy about Leeds?

He said they were shuffle today, their own fans and players have said it.

No front runner emerging this season,it does seem pretty open,like the past couple of seasons we seem to get stronger with games.

This Van Aken kid looks like a belter,hes got a forewards vision when he picks a pass.

Injuries are a concern for us,Boyd,Abdi,and FF....mind you id not tinker too much at this stage,we looked strong today at Cardiff,if Fletch sticks that chance in,theyre toast.Small margins,like the Reach offside at Burton,wed be top two now.

Keep the faith lads,its a marathon,the strongest wins not the quickest

WAWAW

Every team in the league seems to be inconsistent. I suppose it's the level of player and closeness of the teams.

We play one good half or poor but still pick up points. Don't seem to hammer anyone but don't give much away.

If we can play two good halves more often we can finish top two.

I think a settled side, especially the strikers could help us this year.

Less faffing the better.

Edited by Eightace

Think it will boil down to who invests well in January. There are quite a lot of sides at the same level. 

I still think Boro and Villa will finish top 2. That said, if we keep Lee and Hooper fit all season, we've got a great chance of top 2.  

Leeds don't worry me. Wood was the only chance they had. Squad no where near good enough. 

Edited by vulva

I think the winter will be key to Leeds, a some flair players from abroad go off the boil a bit over Xmas and new year. Not that they don't have a winter in Spain but you see it all the time. 

I think Villa are the biggest threat if they click. It won't take much to climb the table as it stands. 

Imagine a top six containing Wednesday Leeds and Blades...

28 minutes ago, vulva said:

Leeds don't worry me. Wood was the only chance they had. Squad no where near good enough. 

We have some of the best players in the league in Jansson, Alioski, Hernandez and Saiz. Lasogga looks the real deal too. But our only chance was with Wood?

If we don't have a chance after strengthening a lot in the summer, I wouldn't get your hopes up about your lot.

9 hours ago, Geosword said:

We've got Fernando to come back in January as well.

Not a bad boost to have if we're in with the promotion pack then.

We shouldn't be in a big rush to shoehorn FF back into the side. Would be good to have him on the bench as an option but we are starting to look as settled as I have seen us starting 11 wise.

Keep Hooper fit and firing, we have a chance. For now, I wouldn't count any chickens.

Too bad we conceded late on yday. Would have made for a decent start to the season after an iffy opener. The pleasing thing is form of many players. Hooper's on it. Bannan rejuvenated. Jones showing class. van Aken bedding in nicely alongside Lees. Reach and Hunt impressing. Lee back fit contributing, and Fletcher leading the line well. All bodes well. 

2 hours ago, VidukasBox said:

We have some of the best players in the league in Jansson, Alioski, Hernandez and Saiz. Lasogga looks the real deal too. But our only chance was with Wood?

If we don't have a chance after strengthening a lot in the summer, I wouldn't get your hopes up about your lot.

You've got a team of Carlos Kickaballs. It's fine bullying the likes of Burton in the sunshine, but this league demands more. No coincidence that you bottled it at Millwall. Jansson has got biscuit knees, and the others flatter to deceive. You also got duffers like Cooper, Ayling, Green etc, so I wouldn't get carried away.