Joost nearly made Hillsborough history

The clock incident with Sam Ellis will be one everybody remembers who was there. I think he also made the North stand roof on a seperate occasion. Totally different player to Joost Sam only had one way out of defence and that was "Clear yer Lines and kick the ball as far away as possible".

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Didnt they used to employ a bloke to punt up and down collecting the stray footballs out of the river, or was that another ground? 

It was at fulham where they had a guy in a boat collecting balls on a match day , not sure now with the new roof on their stand 

he was in the shoot annual and think football focus or saint & greaves , now that was a proper football tv show , 80's tv 

also remember the glass going through at the crows nest ( triangle ) early 80's might have even been the coventry game that hodgy cost the bookies tons 

of money when Steve ogr kicked it over him from his box ... 

15 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Never saw Mobley play but I would imagine just the sight of him would have oppo wide players diving into the stands for cover!!

any winger breaking down the wing and vic would amble across and from about 5 yards out launch himself with both feet in the there direction ......was certainly a different game back then .to be fair to him he wasn't classed as a dirty player like chopper harris ,norman hunter or Maurice setters but he wasn't one to be messed with that's for sure .

4 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

I can only remember Don Megson putting the ball onto the North Stand roof, way back, but Joost nearly got it up there twice in one game, which would have gone into our folklore I think.. Can anyone recall the last time a ball found its way up there from the foot of a Wednesday player ?

Im sure JJ has done it 

I noticed that not one flag flew on the North Stand v Brentford. Strange, anyone know the reason why ?

If they are not putting flags up there, that ball that Joost put up there will be on the roof  for a while, we can't afford that.

While we are on an oddball thread, whats happened to the Henderson relish recently ? Need that putting back on the menu tootsweet.

2 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

I can remember Colin West nearly clearing the new (as then) kop roof,  from the penalty spot,... A feat never surpassed since then,... A feat that defied the laws of vectors and gravity,... A feat that still gives me never ending nightmares replayed over and over again in my head! 

I must have been stood near you. For a different thread was he our worst ever striker.  

4 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

I can only remember Don Megson putting the ball onto the North Stand roof, way back, but Joost nearly got it up there twice in one game, which would have gone into our folklore I think.. Can anyone recall the last time a ball found its way up there from the foot of a Wednesday player ?

My jism when Antonio scored in the game I can't remember but it was famous (both the game and my wee wee tail-shot technique)