Joost nearly made Hillsborough history

I can only remember Don Megson putting the ball onto the North Stand roof, way back, but Joost nearly got it up there twice in one game, which would have gone into our folklore I think.. Can anyone recall the last time a ball found its way up there from the foot of a Wednesday player ?

I can remember Colin West nearly clearing the new (as then) kop roof,  from the penalty spot,... A feat never surpassed since then,... A feat that defied the laws of vectors and gravity,... A feat that still gives me never ending nightmares replayed over and over again in my head! 

14 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Didnt they used to employ a bloke to punt up and down collecting the stray footballs out of the river, or was that another ground? 

10 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Shrewsbury

It was Shrewsbury, but it wasn't a punt. The "ball boy" used to sit in a coracle on the river Severn.

Been going since 1958.  It's at least the 3rd time I've seen it done.  Maybe the 4th.   Very unusual though.   

If you watch matches at places like Fleetwood Town, every other time the ball goes over the bar, it goes out of the ground.  Maybe they post a ballboy outside.  Must cost £50 or more every time they lose a ball.

12 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

I can remember Colin West nearly clearing the new (as then) kop roof,  from the penalty spot,... A feat never surpassed since then,... A feat that defied the laws of vectors and gravity,... A feat that still gives me never ending nightmares replayed over and over again in my head! 

It was the most incredible penalty kick. Took off like a Harrier Jump Jet.

• Haha 1