Jordan Rhodes to Sunderland or Wolves

2 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Well equipped with whom??

Fletcher, Hooper, Winnall,Forestieri(still got him)

Ive heard we've got some young kid who could also do with some bench time

And a couple of make weights in Nuhiu and Joao

How many do you want?

9 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Fletcher, Hooper, Winnall,Forestieri(still got him)

Ive heard we've got some young kid who could also do with some bench time

And a couple of make weights in Nuhiu and Joao

How many do you want?

Nuihu is fukking atrocious!!! We're already using him and Rhodes is still here, if JR/ FF leave then that useless lump will have more games. Him playing for us and either of those are at another Championship club then our season is over.

Our days of being skint members are well and truly over, the bank and the tax man aren't camping on the doorstep, and I reckon that DC would laugh at any derisory offers. After saying this I just wonder if Sam Winnall was purchased on the cheap as a contingency plan for an eventuality such as the one that we are currently experiencing. Fletcher, Hooper, Winnall and Hirst isn't a bad forward play selection problem to have, the defence has been strengthened and we would be FFP compliant as and when a target of two became available when the next window opened. BB is playing out of his skin and Reach is starting to look like a player, Hutch, when fully fit, is an absolute star, so what's the problem, and don't say Carlos?

51 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

So we sell Rhodes and keep bobbar like Nuihu.. Joao needs moving on and why dont we pay Mcgugan off.

Yes. Because Nuhiu and Joao wont give us the funds we need plus their wages will be lower. No idea about Mcgugan, that whole thing is a farce and just been a waste of money

Guest Maxine
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Rhodes ain't the problem, Carlos is.

Play to his strengths and he'll score for fun.

This.

2 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

And im pretty certain I've heard him say the complete opposite of what your saying " I don't buy the players I just work with what I have " seems to be a quote stuck in my mind 

He's certainly said that he identifies the players then DC & his financial people do the rest. However some of the signings & his reluctance to play them would suggest that isn't always the case.

5 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

And im pretty certain I've heard him say the complete opposite of what your saying " I don't buy the players I just work with what I have " seems to be a quote stuck in my mind 

From the star...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-owls-chief-defends-lack-of-signings-1-8667337

States by Carlos our scouting and transfer procedure...

“My video analysts look at the details of the player first. If the player passes through them, they will then go to our defensive coach Joao Mario Oliveira, for example. He will check on the player and if he says ‘this player is good’ it comes through to me. We organise it like that as I can’t see 50 players on my own every day." 

Very clearly is heavily involved in recruitment. It then says he passes his targets on to Chansiri. So god knows what tripe you have been hearing him say

It seems to me that the most stupid part of this proposed deal would not be selling Rhodes for a considerable loss, but buying him in the first place. Striker was a position we were already loaded in and it seems we simply could not afford that amount given the other much more urgent needs in the squad. Centre back has still not been sorted out five disappointing league games into the season, both full backs need upgrading and we could arguably do with another option in central midfield. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

Our days of being skint members are well and truly over, the bank and the tax man aren't camping on the doorstep, and I reckon that DC would laugh at any derisory offers. After saying this I just wonder if Sam Winnall was purchased on the cheap as a contingency plan for an eventuality such as the one that we are currently experiencing. Fletcher, Hooper, Winnall and Hirst isn't a bad forward play selection problem to have, the defence has been strengthened and we would be FFP compliant as and when a target of two became available when the next window opened. BB is playing out of his skin and Reach is starting to look like a player, Hutch, when fully fit, is an absolute star, so what's the problem, and don't say Carlos?

Problem is your being too rational