Jordan Rhodes to Sunderland or Wolves

3 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

It seems to me that the most stupid part of this proposed deal would not be selling Rhodes for a considerable loss, but buying him in the first place. Striker was a position we were already loaded in and it seems we simply could not afford that amount given the other much more urgent needs in the squad. Centre back has still not been sorted out five disappointing league games into the season, both full backs need upgrading and we could arguably do with another option in central midfield. 

Why didn't you post at the time that we signed Rhodes that you thought he was a terrible waste of money?

It was a Radio Sheffield clip, also think he mentioned something when he was a guest on Biggs' show, i'll let you find it from there

8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Why didn't you post at the time that we signed Rhodes that you thought he was a terrible waste of money?

I have it on good information that J Rhodes agent   is /was a moderator on Owlstalk when DJ Mortimer posted his misgivings about said transfer 

lolwill PM you my bank details for money transfer later DJ. .....

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

What purpose is served by a supercilious inference that it's an opinion I've only come to in hindsight? Doubts about the wisdom of the move (particularly relating to FFP rules) were hardly revolutionary and they have so far been confirmed in several respects. I apologise for not thinking to document my concerns at the time for future verification.

:dry: