OFFICIAL MATCHDAY THREAD - BURTON 1 : 1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

More points tossed away due to our habit of playing for 45 mins.  More ground lost on the leaders - middtable at best as the underperforming continues.

A better lineup but these just seems no ability to build on any momentum in matches when we score. Why do we close up? 

Said it before and I'll say it again - We won't go up under CC 

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

there's a worrying pattern emerging, and we now appear to need to avoid conceding to get a result. 

Its been like that for ages - won't get us out of this league.

As Athel mentioned above MM was a football man and CC would have been out as soon as this set in, playoff final onwards.

DC's decision making now becoming a key factor in this 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

1 minute ago, Dronfield Blue said:

More to it than just CC.

All in all, we are an average Championship side so far this season.

This. Don't really see in what way he set up badly today.

Also, seemed like every time I saw him in second half he was gesturing at our midfield to keep it on the deck. They didn't do it. I'd be peed off if I were him.

Watched second half, puddle was brilliant, reach short passing was sublime, fox well what can you say- magic, and as for boyd getting a bit miffed with him for continually passing to a burton player, well then get yourself into a position where he plays the ball, gonna win the league easy with the players mentioned, cant wait for the next game.

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

You saying that some people who went to the Fulham game weren't full of praise for Pudil performance and many putting him up for MoM ?

As I keep saying one good match does not make him a centre half, we had a centre half on the bench

of maybe has hasn't learnt to play the CC way yet, he might have been playing the ball forward in training instead of passing to the other defenders or the goal keeper

1 minute ago, Tank_owl said:

Foot up on Westwood could've been a red for Soredell.

Offside goal was close possibly should have stood

Mason jumped at Pudil goal should have been disallowed

We had no goal threat once Fletcher went off.

Our scorer was still on the pitch?

Just now, Earlsfieldowl said:

Its been like that for ages - won't get us out of the us league 

i'm beginning to think that - not the start we wanted and the lack of chances we are creating is a real concern

There seems to be little spark or inspiration at the minute. Everything seems so... tired, turgid, and predictable. Not necessarily saying "CC Out", but something has to change or this season is going to be mind-numbing tedium and mid-table obscurity. 

I said during the Bolton game I couldn't remember the last time we looked like scoring 3 goals. We scored two in short succession - and while that was a good sign, it was coming when we were already 3-0 down. For some reason we seem unable to race out and boss games.

I'm not a manager, I don't know the answer to it all, but I hope CC finds it soon.