Tom Lees

2 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

the lad obviously had something .he played over 100 hundred games for the pigs,played 30+ games for hull last season and just this summer signed for a decent premier league team.

tbf when I thought he was gash I saw him play 3 or 4 times and I've never claimed to be a scout .

its not the first time a local lad has played for the pigs and gone on to be a premier league regular and won't be the last .

The grunts  had it stitched up for some time in that sense and I can only take my hat off to them. 

The thing with Maguire is that when he was at United he had the ability to defend.

Too many people seem to think a defender is only good if he can pass a ball like Sergio Ramos or finish a chance on his wrong foot from the edge of the box like Pique.

Maguire just didn't look the part in that sense, but he's obviously worked a lot on the other parts of his game and deserves his call up.

2 minutes ago, g-owls said:

The thing with Maguire is that when he was at United he had the ability to defend.

Too many people seem to think a defender is only good if he can pass a ball like Sergio Ramos or finish a chance on his wrong foot from the edge of the box like Pique.

Maguire just didn't look the part in that sense, but he's obviously worked a lot on the other parts of his game and deserves his call up.

Exactly its like what we are trying to do with Pudil but in reverse.

Has the OP been sniffing glue?

As for Lees:

Really good player, great signing a few years ago, but his distribution just isn't good enough for the highest level.

Amount of times he's strides forward with confidence...and then punts it into the North or South Stand :duntmatter:

On 24/08/2017 at 15:55, David1867 said:

Not even considered in the England squad but they take Harry Maguire and Michael Keane. What more does he have to do before he gets international recognition? 

notsure-1.jpg

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Has the OP been sniffing glue?

As for Lees:

Really good player, great signing a few years ago, but his distribution just isn't good enough for the highest level.

Amount of times he's strides forward with confidence...and then punts it into the North or South Stand :duntmatter:

Or shits his pants and hesitates before playing a safety pass to Loovens. 

On 24/08/2017 at 15:55, David1867 said:

Not even considered in the England squad but they take Harry Maguire and Michael Keane. What more does he have to do before he gets international recognition? 

Classic thread. Got to be in the running for most delusional OP of 2017 on here and there have been plenty.