Embarrasing

Guest mrbluesky
4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

yeah that sitting back in defence works obviously...I use the word obviously because I expect you to understand what it means

Yeah it worked against Udders...ooh wait...

3 hours ago, fpowl said:

Just got back in car I walked after the third ( about 65 minutes )

i have no idea what our game plan was tonight.

yet again we spent the whole game tip tapping about at the back occasionally getting the ball to our deep midfield only to go back again.

rhodes spent all night looking for runs with his hands on their air shouting for the ball. No service to him. God knows what he would have done because he looked completely isolated on his own.

winnal couldn't trap a bag of cement tonight.

and we have been murdered by pace. Bolton constantly got round the back of us if they could have crossed they could have had a hat full.

i don't get how teams can get round back of us when we sit deep and we can never figure out how to get round the back of them.

oh yeah try instead of just waiting for an openimgbto

he gift wrapped.

( I'm fully aware fakes not over and this could finish 3-3 ) 

I had to give you a plus just for the Winnall comment. I'm normally a fan of his but first touch was beyond crap tonight. Just not his night. He won't be playing on Saturday that's for sure. 

Guest Deleted member

Those calling people cvnts, bedwetters and fannies clearly didn't go last night

We were beyond awful, it was every bit as bad as the Preston opener.

Nuhiu provided the inspiration for the fightback by actually putting in some effort and winning the ball back when we'd lost it. But it was all far too little, far too late.

9 hours ago, fpowl said:

yet again we spent the whole game tip tapping about at the back occasionally getting the ball to our deep midfield only to go back again.

rhodes spent all night looking for runs with his hands on their air shouting for the ball. No service to him. God knows what he would have done because he looked completely isolated on his own.

and we have been murdered by pace. Bolton constantly got round the back of us if they could have crossed they could have had a hat full.

i don't get how teams can get round back of us when we sit deep and we can never figure out how to get round the back of them.

he gift wrapped.

Put the best attacking players in the division together under this manager and they become impotent.

Passing it around in intricate patterns on the half way line and getting nowhere. 

The fact that Matias changed the game says it all. 

He won't play again of course. 

We only do well when we are tasked to defend well and nick a goal. 

When the onus is on us to attack we are shyte. 

6 hours ago, rob chester said:

The biggest embarrassment was Nuhiu's miss we shouldn't of lost 

It's 'have' not 'of' ffs.

Edited by Ash76

10 hours ago, honest owl said:

Considering the team we have turned out and the one Bolton have !!

Some of these need offloading before the window closes while we can still get a fee for them  , not interested imo

Just a training match. So in 2 years you've made 5 posts? Go and rest your trotters 

Edited by pgmetcalf

11 hours ago, fpowl said:

he gift wrapped.

It didn't kick of till 9:30 pm.

Shame you missed almost as many minutes as Wednesday did chances and the the

warm up to the Mayweather/MacGregor fight night.

LOL.

7 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

I had to give you a plus just for the Winnall comment. I'm normally a fan of his but first touch was beyond crap tonight. Just not his night. He won't be playing on Saturday that's for sure. 

My old man pointed it out at kicking off about his touch. I'd never noticed it and always believed winnal brings the best out of his strike partner.

I don't know if I was sub consciously look out for his touch or he was having an off day. But some of them was shockingly bad.

heres to hoping an off day.

4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

My old man pointed it out at kicking off about his touch. I'd never noticed it and always believed winnal brings the best out of his strike partner.

I don't know if I was sub consciously look out for his touch or he was having an off day. But some of them was shockingly bad.

heres to hoping an off day.

Think it was. I've seen him show far better control than that at Hillsborough. What's more I think Sam knew himself he'd had a bad game. When he missed a chance down our end he came to retrieve the ball right in front of us and the look on his face said it all. He looked dejected. Shortly after that he was subbed and I don't think he had any complaints about it. 

11 hours ago, edwinowl said:

Slightly worried that 1 decent result has papered over what was a poor pre season and very average start.  20 mill forward line tonight and still not scoring.  

You mean apart from the 2 goals we scored? Both by our most expensive forward.

If you lose 3-2 away I would question the defence not the attack.

2 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

From the highlights and commentary, I thought we looked/sounded good and we should have won the game easily. Get our defence sorted and I think this departure from the cup may well be a blessing in disguise. 

A good cup run can give the players momentum and also keep fringe players knocking on the door.. We have a big squad and this would have helped. 

4 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

From the highlights and commentary, I thought we looked/sounded good and we should have won the game easily. Get our defence sorted and I think this departure from the cup may well be a blessing in disguise. 

We looked far from good. 

It was same old pass around the midfield, side to side. Lofted ball by Lees up top which we lose, same floated crosses from the wingers that the defenders will eat up all day. 

We are so static as a team when we have the ball, it's like the players become statues. No one showing for the ball trying to create pace or anything. 

I do wonder what we do on the training ground at times.