So, a red card?!

Just now, Ballmeist said:

Why not? Surely he's got a say in the matter. If I was manager and was being told that we couldn't bring in any additions because we're so close to FFP I'd be handing the club a list of players that are surplus to requirements. 

He's got a chairman saying "no ones for sale".

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

We struggle to be much of a threat when Forestieri is playing regularly. If we got rid of him (assuming someone was interested in paying the hefty fee required) where would the creativity come from?

Sell FF and Rhodes, sign Irvine, Jota and Dean. There's your creativity.

Edited by Owling

1 minute ago, Owling said:

He's got a chairman saying "no ones for sale".

No, he's got a chairman saying that if we don't want to sell we don't necessarily need to. 

I don't care what anyone says we do not need Hooper, Rhodes, Winnall, Fletcher, Forestieri, Nuhiu AND Joao. 

5 strikers is more than enough. Why have we got 7?!

People can argue about Forestieri's position until the cows come home but if he's demanding to play up front then we can classify him as a striker. 

I'd get rid of Nuhiu and Joao immediately, and FF if a decent offer comes in.   

I'd sell Forestieri, if you take away his first season, which incidentally finished 15 months ago, he has been more trouble than good. We can't afford to have him unsettling the side whenever he feels like it in the hope it's a 1 in 5 performance where he plays well

No, he's got a chairman saying that if we don't want to sell we don't necessarily need to. 

I don't care what anyone says we do not need Hooper, Rhodes, Winnall, Fletcher, Forestieri, Nuhiu AND Joao. 

5 strikers is more than enough. Why have we got 7?!

People can argue about Forestieri's position until the cows come home but if he's demanding to play up front then we can classify him as a striker. 

I'd get rid of Nuhiu and Joao immediately, and FF if a decent offer comes in.   

If as reported we're so close to breaking FFP, then I think we do need to sell.

32 minutes ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

CC: Fernando will be back. He took a red card in training. Discipline is the base of everything. He'll work hard to come back #swfcLIVE

surely one game should of been enough... he could of been the difference tonight between a win and a draw.

I thought a red card was more than a one match suspension...

14 minutes ago, Owling said:

Not a bad idea actually, talk to much sheite and you get banned from posting for a few hours.

You say there are too many English lessons on here, but your sentence above means something entirely different to what I presume you intended it to mean. Surely that matters a bit? Don't kill your language brother. It's the greatest weapon you'll ever hold. The greatest friend you'll ever have. The greatest lover you shall ever embrace. Master it and you shall win the hearts and minds and men across the land. Once more unto the breach, dear friend, once more.. We few. We happy few. We band of complete lobbers.

Yes - so back to my original point. The manager needs to be moving on players like Nuhiu and Joao. 

It's rather more complicated than that isn't it? I dare say there are a number of players we would have sold had decent offers come in, and those two are among them. Any club interested in either would know they are not likely to feature in the first team squad much and therefore it should be a straightforward business of agreeing a fee and seeing if the player is up for it.

When Fernando is on fire he is unplayable and exactly what we need, however the past 12 months he has been a major talking point for all the wrong reasons and who knows exactly what impact that is having on team spirit and performance?

At the time we signed him we wondered how on Earth we had picked him up for such a cheap price and why were Watford letting him go. Sadly I think we now have the answer.

Has to go, and in doing so may yet do this club a vital service by freeing up needed resources for team strengthening, plus given his recent shenanigans may have a positive impact on team spirit, not least by demonstrating no one is bigger than the club.

16 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

I cannot for the life of me understand what good leaving him out does?

Hand him a 2 week fine and draw a line under it

Leaving him out does more harm than good

What is the point?

I disagree. I think picking him could have caused more harm than good. CC needs to take into account the other player's reactions. Long term it could have caused a lot of damage.