So, a red card?!

19 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

When Fernando is on fire he is unplayable and exactly what we need, however the past 12 months he has been a major talking point for all the wrong reasons and who knows exactly what impact that is having on team spirit and performance?

At the time we signed him we wondered how on Earth we had picked him up for such a cheap price and why were Watford letting him go. Sadly I think we now have the answer.

Has to go, and in doing so may yet do this club a vital service by freeing up needed resources for team strengthening, plus given his recent shenanigans may have a positive impact on team spirit, not least by demonstrating no one is bigger than the club.

I think thats the major point......

We have no idea whats been said in the dressing room...Forestieri is a great player, but if the be all and end all is that he has a detrimental effect on the rest of the squad...he needs binning.

Something has obviously gone off....I don't for a minute think its simply a "Red card" for a training ground incident, thats total tat...and in the end self defeating..fine him.

BUT

If other main players in the squad have had enough of his temperament, thats a whole different kettle of Tuna fish....

57 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It's rather more complicated than that isn't it? I dare say there are a number of players we would have sold had decent offers come in, and those two are among them. Any club interested in either would know they are not likely to feature in the first team squad much and therefore it should be a straightforward business of agreeing a fee and seeing if the player is up for it.

I'm not advocating that we demand a huge fee. I'm saying both could be moved off the wage bill fairly quickly, even if it meant getting a little less for them. Let's face it we're talking values of £300k - £1 million for each of them. 

58 minutes ago, markg said:

I disagree. I think picking him could have caused more harm than good. CC needs to take into account the other player's reactions. Long term it could have caused a lot of damage.

He is a match winner. We have just drawn two home matches which we should have won. We cannot afford to leave out our most gifted player especially when you take into account our record without him

A fine would have been enough and who knows maybe we would be looking healthier with 6 points on board instead of just the two

Edited by IWEDFM
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

He is a match winner. We have just drawn two home matches which we should have won. We cannot afford to leave out our most gifted player especially when you take into account our record without him

A fine would have been enough and who knows maybe we would be looking healthier with 6 points on board instead of just the two

And maybe he would've been sent off in the first game and being down to ten men we would've lost, then still drew tonight, then we would be one point worse off.

10 minutes ago, Owling said:

And maybe he would've been sent off in the first game and being down to ten men we would've lost, then still drew tonight, then we would be one point worse off.

It's all if's and but's but I still maintain he should not have been dropped. A fine hurts him in the pocket but dropping him hurts the team

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Our record without FF up top is better than our record with him there.

Now with him playing wide left......that's another story.

Why not fine him? Why not give him a dose of reality? Why not kick him In the nut sack and say you're playing for Sheffield  Wednesday show some heart and desire? for crying out loud why do we give him a 2 game ban, the only people that this helps is the ones who represent the club we're up against. Can't get my head round Carlos' way of thinking. Sell him or play him we can't carry on shooting ourselves in the foot 

2 hours ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

CC: Fernando will be back. He took a red card in training. Discipline is the base of everything. He'll work hard to come back #swfcLIVE

surely one game should of been enough... he could of been the difference tonight between a win and a draw.

In hindsight, I wouldn't have changed tonight's line up for the world.

Absolutely put the boots to a PL side.

3 hours ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

CC: Fernando will be back. He took a red card in training. Discipline is the base of everything. He'll work hard to come back #swfcLIVE

surely one game should of been enough... he could of been the difference tonight between a win and a draw.

Are you kidding?

For the last 2 games without him the team seems interested and we played much better. Idon't think it's only down to the diamond midfield.

5 hours ago, OutspokenTom said:

I'd sell Forestieri, if you take away his first season, which incidentally finished 15 months ago, he has been more trouble than good. We can't afford to have him unsettling the side whenever he feels like it in the hope it's a 1 in 5 performance where he plays well

Agree 100%. 

We have a history of not being able to manage temperamental players who at the same time are a rare breed that can win tight games with a flash of brilliance. We all know how we let Di Canio leave to become a messiah for West Ham while in contrast, Ferguson managed Cantona brilliantly so that he became a Man U legend. How many thought Cantona was finished after his kung fu antics, but Ferguson stood by him.

These flair players aren't easy to manage but that's not an excuse to let your best players leave to become heroes at other clubs.

7 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

And then lost a load more points cos the other players are frustrated