Carlos being honest

I don't understand why we played the way we did in the playoffs.

I think it's unfortunate that our first fixture was away at deepdale as I'd say that is the kind of nightmare fixture we didn't need off the back of last season. I think a lot of what happened yesterday was down to Preston themselves as they well and truly have Carlos's number at their place. They don't allow any time on the ball and they are also very strong. I would prefer Wednesday to play like that rather than trying the seek the perfect team balance/dynamic that when clicks is perfect but only clicks once every so often.

We should be able to deal with this kind of team and we need to be able to. But I wouldn't be surprised if we play much better against a team that basically isn't Preston!

I for one have never seen such a insipid,turgid performance.

It was uninspiring and totally bizarre.

The straw that broke the camels back though was the half time tea was only tepid.

I am now totally dyspeptic about a frightfully repugnant display.

Edited by Hawkowl
  • Haha 3

I noticed how long before us Preston were out for the second half. We kept them waiting. I didn't like it, thought it meant CC and the players couldn't be 'on the same page'.

Whatever took so long to thrash out, it certainly didn't show any results, it was Preston who were so obviously more up for it.

12 hours ago, oldishowl said:

There is simple question for Carlos which I wish some reporter would ask.

" What was the plan yesterday which would have allowed our centre midfield to at least cope ,or better,  impose ourselves on PNE "

Love to hear his answer

I'd still love an explanation as to why he ballsed the play offs up and why in God's great name did he bring Dave on.

24 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Galpharm surely.

I think we defended better and many people thought a shut out was part of the plan then, but going forward yeah.

We didn't look as capable at either end on Saturday. Preston did the same to us  as they did last time.

Edited by Bluesteel

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think we defended better and many people thought a shut out was part of the plan then, but going forward yeah.

We didn't look as capable at either end on Saturday 

Someone started a thread showing how our chance creation has dried up over the Udders Udders Preston games. 

Whatever the game-plan he had in mind since that wonderful run, it is horrible and more importantly it isn't working.

Edited by Holmowl

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We defended much better in the playoffs to be fair. 

You have to wonder what went through his mind after the 6th consecutive win.

"This approach is about to fail. I need something very different. I know...."

Appalling management. Utterly appalling.

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You have to wonder what went through his mind after the 6th consecutive win.

"This approach is about to fail. I need something very different. I know...."

Appalling management. Utterly appalling.

I think it boils down to having Lee and/or Hooper fit and in the side. That was the catalyst for our winning run. In the play offs neither were fit, neither was FF was was trying to do the link role but he drifts quite a lot too.

All the money spent and it comes down to that link between midfield and attack as the keystone to everything