Carlos being honest

Good afternoon ladies and gents.

Hubble, bubble, toil and trouble !!! 

Just had a chance to catch CC's post match interview. For the first time I can remember, he seemed really bewildered. He normally, even in defeat gives some recognition to the team ethos and spirit, but quite rightly didn't use excuses for the defeat.  He was honest in his assessment, said the players didn't play as he expected, didn't win second balls and didn't play well at all, something the travelling masses could quite easily agree with.

My point is that CC looked dumfounded. Clearly, everything the coaching staff had instructed and instilled in the players seemed to go out of the window come kick off.

I would like to think that there were a frank exchange if views in the dressing room at full time, and a dressing down or two handed out.

I'm not one for banging the drum regarding sacking CC, but a few more performances like yesterday in the next 6 games or so, is going to make life difficult for him.

With all the criticism on here, I just thought that it was refreshing to hear him being so honest about the defeat, whereas in the past he has tried to put some positive spin on a poor performance.

Thank you for reading if you have got this far, and fingers crossed, the team starts showing some passion, fight and determination to get many supporters back onside.

• Like 1

I just think he was extremely disappointed, and didn't have anything positive to say.

For all the complaining about Carlos and his tactics, we were beaten on an individual level yesterday.  To only scrape out a single chance on goal isn't just down to the tactics, the players failed to execute (and Boyd and Hunt were particularly awful together).

That one didn't go according to plan for Carlos, that's for sure.

He has to go for me. This turgid, awful, negative way he approaches games is an insult to the beautiful game and the hard paying fans. Footballers want to play football, what we are playing isn't football.

He has had a full pre season to fine tune his team and get them ready for a mediocre test in the first game and he turns up that. 

Even if we got to the play offs again, would you really trust Carlos in them, i absolutely would not!

Nice guy but a change is required. 

• Like 2

Carlos: So Almer,   its the big season opener on Saturday. Dr Bob says your about as fit as you've been since you joined the club.  You all ready to restart your Hillsborough career?

Abdi: Sure am boss, I cannot wait to get going.  Am I going to start or the bench?

Carlos: I'm going to start you! DC spaced some right money to sign you and he wants to see you out on the pitch!

Abdi: Great stuff.  Csnt wait What system we playing? You want me in a deep role in front of the back four pinging passes about like Pirlo  or a free role behind the Hoops and Rhodesy , threading the passes and making killer passes like Ortega in his pomp for Argentina?

Carlos: You'll be in a midfield two against Pearson, Brown and Johnson, plenty of hard running and tracking.

Abdi: Erm.....To be honest boss, I think I felt a bit of a twinge in me knee this morning.So..yeah.....Erm. ... You might be better putting Baz in

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Carlos: So Almer,   its the big season opener on Saturday. Dr Bob says your about as fit as you've been since you joined the club.  You all ready to restart your Hillsborough career?

Abdi: Sure am boss, I cannot wait to get going.  Am I going to start or the bench?

Carlos: I'm going to start you! DC spaced some right money to sign you and he wants to see you out on the pitch!

Abdi: Great stuff.  Csnt wait What system we playing? You want me in a deep role in front of the back four pinging passes about like Pirlo  or a free role behind the Hoops and Rhodesy , threading the passes and making killer passes like Ortega in his pomp for Argentina?

Carlos: You'll be in a midfield two against Pearson, Brown and Johnson, plenty of hard running and tracking.

Abdi: Erm.....To be honest boss, I think I felt a bit of a twinge in me knee this morning.So..yeah.....Erm. ... You might be better putting Baz in

I don't get it. 

recruitment yet again a problem

good players mysteriously missing presumed injured -constantly,

players picked who aren't performing

team playing well below ability

manager perplexed

next crowd turn against manager

we all sang about a dream based on brilliant attacking entertaining football

sad  really that 1st season has now developed into constipated scared football  reminiscent of AI before he left 

this is not a reaction to the friendlies or first match thing -for me the non performance and failings at wembley were not, and still have not been addressed 

I dont know what the answer is now I'm sure we all hope he returns to he alleged ethos of scoring more than the opposites 

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I honestly think the players have lost faith / interest. Can't be enjoyable playing the way we are.

Shouldn't be the case but seems that way to me.

Despite them supposedly all saying how much they wanted him to stay last Season? Or quote me if I'm wrong... I'm sure I heard it said somewhere.

The most telling thing is that apart from fessi and maybe bannan in his first season it's hard to pick a player who's reputation has been enhanced by playing under Carlos. 

For that many players to be underperforming you have to look at what the management is doing wrong. 

16 minutes ago, steelowl said:

recruitment yet again a problem

good players mysteriously missing presumed injured -constantly,

players picked who aren't performing

team playing well below ability

manager perplexed

next crowd turn against manager

we all sang about a dream based on brilliant attacking entertaining football

sad  really that 1st season has now developed into constipated scared football  reminiscent of AI before he left 

this is not a reaction to the friendlies or first match thing -for me the non performance and failings at wembley were not, and still have not been addressed 

I dont know what the answer is now I'm sure we all hope he returns to he alleged ethos of scoring more than the opposites 

The Wembley situation is an interesting one and you may have point - imo he never really got over it and the magnitude of what was lost that day still rankles..determining how we have played since.

As for last season, we went on a great run towards the end - why oh why did he a) not persist with the team selection and b) learn from it.

It's so baffling 

17 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Despite them supposedly all saying how much they wanted him to stay last Season? Or quote me if I'm wrong... I'm sure I heard it said somewhere.

That's what was reported in The Star. 

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

There is simple question for Carlos which I wish some reporter would ask.

" What was the plan yesterday which would have allowed our centre midfield to at least cope ,or better,  impose ourselves on PNE "

Love to hear his answer

good call we were overrun,were so bloody lightweight and fragile!!!!

1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

I don't get it. 

Well in my long winded way, I'm suggesting that perhaps one or two players, (flair players primarily) aren't too sold on the idea spending 90 Minutes charging about trying mark the opposition who outnumber then and spending the attacking side of their game dropping level with put own box to take a 4 inch pass off our centre backs 70 yards from the opposition goal while being pressed by their markers.

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

I don't get it. 

You aren`t on your own there was 11 players saying the same yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well in my long winded way, I'm suggesting that perhaps one or two players, (flair players primarily) aren't too sold on the idea spending 90 Minutes charging about trying mark the opposition who outnumber then and spending the attacking side of their game dropping level with put own box to take a 4 inch pass off our centre backs 70 yards from the opposition goal while being pressed by their markers.

Oh. Perhaps he might. We don't know because he doesn't get a game. He might like a bit of a run around.