Carlos being honest

2 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

You aren`t on your own there was 11 players saying the same yesterday.

I think they do get it.  They certainly got it at the end. Think Carlos has even lost his favourites now. Tuesday and Saturday will show. Easy choice for me. Play the first team squad on Tuesday and let them attack. Then the same on Saturday. If he plays a second string team Tuesday and we lose he's got no where to go.

6 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Oh. Perhaps he might. We don't know because he doesn't get a game. He might like a bit of a run around.

Or he might be genuinely injured and the people who think Carlos is making it up about him being injured are as wide of the mark as I am.

We just don't know. 

1 minute ago, WatfordOwl said:

UTO @kendoddsdadsdogsdead best username on OT.

I agree - he sounds a bit lost at the minute.

Thank you sir !!!!

As for Carlos, it would seem the rallying cry and playing for the badge fell on deaf ears. Anyone think the players might be 'downing tools'. Awful thing to contemplate really, and I'm probably overreacting like many after yesterday.

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, stanningtonowl said:

I think they do get it.  They certainly got it at the end. Think Carlos has even lost his favourites now. Tuesday and Saturday will show. Easy choice for me. Play the first team squad on Tuesday and let them attack. Then the same on Saturday. If he plays a second string team Tuesday and we lose he's got no where to go.

CC I can tell you he wont be playing anywhere near a first team,although not sure they have to play a certain percentage of the last game.

3 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

This absolutely spot on. If he does change, then get the formation right and all out attack

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Or he might be genuinely injured and the people who think Carlos is making it up about him being injured are as wide of the mark as I am.

We just don't know. 

Possibly so. Commentator on Radio Sheffield yesterday said he thinks Abdi's days at Hillsborough are numbered. Tend to agree with him. 

I'm still a bit dumbfounded as to how bad we were yesterday. My biggest criticism of Carlos is, is maybe not his fault as recruitment may not be in his hands . I know DC was on about an attacking entertaining style when he came in and we've signed some very attacking players that really aren't suited mentally or physically to sitting back soaking up and hitting teams on a quick counter?, yet we seem to have decided to play this way, the whole thing confuses me?? 

Edited by shezzas left peg

If we are close to FFP then he won't be sacked as that would push us over with compensation and paying a new manager.

What has bewildered me is in his first season he gave us the best football we have seen since the 90s. He has the same chuffing players, so he has proved he can do it, so dam well do it again!

9 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Possibly so. Commentator on Radio Sheffield yesterday said he thinks Abdi's days at Hillsborough are numbered. Tend to agree with him. 

No idea, but given the money we have paid for hi and his not inconsiderable wages. ...and the fact he has proven himself previously to be an excellent player at this level I think they'll give hum every opportunity to prove himself. 

Not sure how long his contract is though. 

And I have to say, I have seen so little of him I doubt I'd recognise him of I walked past him in the street. 

3 hours ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Have to agree he's possibly run his course and maybe lost the confidence of the team.

I hope he can turn this round not only results wise but more importantly performance wise. 

Surely all that matters is results.

9 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Thank you sir !!!!

As for Carlos, it would seem the rallying cry and playing for the badge fell on deaf ears. Anyone think the players might be 'downing tools'. Awful thing to contemplate really, and I'm probably overreacting like many after yesterday.

Yesterday may turn out to be just a blip but for me the biggest worry was not learning one thing as to how Preston set up against us last season.

I honestly thought (stupidly) when we got to HT level that we couldn't be any worse in the 2nd half and I was wrong.

Did CC not give them a rollocking at HT and give them a pat on the back telling them that the system was working?

It's useless getting to the end of the game and then apologising to fans for the showing, the changes need to be effective during the game.

I watched Bolton today, completely overrun by Leeds for the best part of half an hour but then went on the front foot and could/should have got something out of the game. They have little or no quality in their squad but they battled - if we'd lost in the same manner yesterday then it's easier to take. 

Rolling over without so much of a whimper is something the club appears to be getting used to and it's a poor trait to have among the group.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Yesterday may turn out to be just a blip but for me the biggest worry was not learning one thing as to how Preston set up against us last season.

I honestly thought (stupidly) when we got to HT level that we couldn't be any worse in the 2nd half and I was wrong.

Did CC not give them a rollocking at HT and give them a pat on the back telling them that the system was working?

It's useless getting to the end of the game and then apologising to fans for the showing, the changes need to be effective during the game.

I watched Bolton today, completely overrun by Leeds for the best part of half an hour but then went on the front foot and could/should have got something out of the game. They have little or no quality in their squad but they battled - if we'd lost in the same manner yesterday then it's easier to take. 

Rolling over without so much of a whimper is something the club appears to be getting used to and it's a poor trait to have among the group.

How about putting your money where your mouth is Carlos gone by December...cojones or not lol 

2 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

They rolled over against Huddersfield. What came of it? Nothing. Still got a nice jolly in Portugal. Few words from Carlos about FF on left and badges but beyond that same again.