Carlos being honest

13 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I honestly think the players have lost faith / interest. Can't be enjoyable playing the way we are.

Shouldn't be the case but seems that way to me.

I honestly think this is total rubbish. We were told that one of the main reasons for Carlos staying at the end of last season was that the players went to him and asked him too because they were all behind him.

Are you seriously saying the dressing room have turned on him over the course of pre season and one competitive game?

21 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think it boils down to having Lee and/or Hooper fit and in the side. That was the catalyst for our winning run. In the play offs neither were fit, neither was FF was was trying to do the link role but he drifts quite a lot too.

All the money spent and it comes down to that link between midfield and attack as the keystone to everything

You are being admirably generous to Carlos there.

Lee played only two of the six games, and Hooper was fit on Saturday but benched.

12 hours ago, kingsidney said:

The most telling thing is that apart from fessi and maybe bannan in his first season it's hard to pick a player who's reputation has been enhanced by playing under Carlos. 

For that many players to be underperforming you have to look at what the management is doing wrong. 

Ive been thinking exactly the same. I dont think any of our players have improved under Carlos with many going backwards.

42 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Ive been thinking exactly the same. I dont think any of our players have improved under Carlos with many going backwards.

Quite a few have improved, but certainly it's true that not many of our recent signings have

14 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Carlos: So Almer,   its the big season opener on Saturday. Dr Bob says your about as fit as you've been since you joined the club.  You all ready to restart your Hillsborough career?

Abdi: Sure am boss, I cannot wait to get going.  Am I going to start or the bench?

Carlos: I'm going to start you! DC spaced some right money to sign you and he wants to see you out on the pitch!

Abdi: Great stuff.  Csnt wait What system we playing? You want me in a deep role in front of the back four pinging passes about like Pirlo  or a free role behind the Hoops and Rhodesy , threading the passes and making killer passes like Ortega in his pomp for Argentina?

Carlos: You'll be in a midfield two against Pearson, Brown and Johnson, plenty of hard running and tracking.

Abdi: Erm.....To be honest boss, I think I felt a bit of a twinge in me knee this morning.So..yeah.....Erm. ... You might be better putting Baz in

Absolutely

25 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You are being admirably generous to Carlos there.

Lee played only two of the six games, and Hooper was fit on Saturday but benched.

Im not, there is no explanation as to why Hooper didn't play as he should have.

Hooper was key to the winning run last season and without him and lee it didn't work. It was slightly better with wingers but not ideal and at present we have neither in the side.

My point is that CC isn't a defensive manager, he tries to control all aspects of the game. Take newcastle at home for example, we were able to attack without risking an opening at the back. That is what he tries to achieve with his "philosophy" and when it works it works very well. The problem is that he can't seem to get it to work enough or the players can't do what he needs them to, unless one or two key players are in the side. That's when it becomes all about defence. It's a byproduct of his system failing to work.

Edited by Bluesteel

2 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

I honestly think this is total rubbish. We were told that one of the main reasons for Carlos staying at the end of last season was that the players went to him and asked him too because they were all behind him.

Are you seriously saying the dressing room have turned on him over the course of pre season and one competitive game?

I am saying that is what it looks like and I could kind of understand why. Maybe, like many on here, they like the guy but can't get behind his tactics. Obviously I don't know and I hope I am wrong as, if right, nobody comes out of such a situation well.

Carlos does seem to have lost the plot somehow but we have been a good side for 2 seasons and if we did get someone else we need a person who can rejuvenate this team to play as well as we know it can. We do need some defenders and a pacy midfielder , even if we have to sell one of our star forwards. We definitely need a clear out to free some money up. Also I cannot see us selling Rhodes for £8M when we paid £10M for him and I am sure he will shine again if we give him the service.

55 minutes ago, jwhancock said:

Carlos does seem to have lost the plot somehow but we have been a good side for 2 seasons and if we did get someone else we need a person who can rejuvenate this team to play as well as we know it can. We do need some defenders and a pacy midfielder , even if we have to sell one of our star forwards. We definitely need a clear out to free some money up. Also I cannot see us selling Rhodes for £8M when we paid £10M for him and I am sure he will shine again if we give him the service.

I guess, if you agree that we have been a good side, as our position indicates, for the last two seasons, Carlos needs a bit of credit for that My personal opinion is, that Carlos was very much responsible for us making the play offs in both his first seasons. In his first, he did it with a high intensity game that probably helped us overachieve. Second season round, it felt to me anyway, as if recruitment had changed hands, and the players that arrived seemed a little out of sync with what we were trying to do. Again, I think Carlos devised a way of playing that enabled a mismatched squad to again reach the play offs. That football is not my cup of tea, and is a long way from DC's mantra of wanting to play entertaining football. Somewhere along the line, we've gone off plan.

Edited by gurujuan

Well if we were measuring the performance of our team, Carlos and the fans; Carlos wins hands down. The team were very poor but of more concern is the growing number of numpties in our following. Sulking is one of my specialities too on the back of a poor result or performance but I choose not to do it in public for all those Blavdes to see.