Kieran Lee

On 06/08/2017 at 13:42, Philb125 said:

I rowed last season that Lee was our best player not FF. Whilst FF is capable of making a good team great, he can't make an average team good. 

Without Lee we are average at best. He is integral to how we play. The only player capable of transitioning play up the field. Technically excellent, fittest player I've seen. 

He allows the other CM to be a passenger at times, with his extra work ethic and I had high hopes for Abdi to get into our middle with Lee, Boyd and Reach making up the yards. 

He's the only player we couldn't replace. Every other player for me has a price yet I'd never sell Kieran Lee, I can't think of anyone outside of the prem who can do what he does. 

This^^^ Lee is the best player in the squad for me and I'd love to see A midfield centre pairing of a fully fit Abdi and Lee. flipping bobbar that they are both struggling for fitness. 

On 06/08/2017 at 22:03, NorthernOwl said:

If he's back for the QPR game and Carlos starts Hooper and shifts FF to wide left we will look a completely different team. Him and Hooper are essential for us to function effectively in the formation we play.

This^^^^ sooooooooo flipping much. 

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

Why is he playing in the Championship then?

If he picks back up his form he had before his injury last season he won't be for very much longer 

On 06/08/2017 at 13:04, mogbad said:

If Abdi isn't going to be fit or just not selected Lee is the only central midfielder with an attacking instinct & desire to get into the box.

Is there anyone actually itk about abdi's continual 'injuries '  

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

Is there anyone actually itk about abdi's continual 'injuries '  

Carlos saying today he has continual knee issue which means he doesn't train with the other players often, and he has to stop training after a couple of days.

At present at least, he clearly isn't the player "to build a team around".

We do have one player in CM who is able to play 44-46 games per season.......even through a pain-barrier last season.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Not looking good for him or us if that's true. 

I find the Abdi injury situation a right debacle. 

He was pretty much an ever present for Watford whilst he was down there.

Yet another player who arrives at S6 and spends more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.

33 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Not looking good for him or us if that's true. 

Howson piece today. "Abdi in line for Chesterfield. " Can't post link.

Obviously we wish him well, and want all our players available, but our record with him playing last season was shocking (W3 D2 L5) so we can hardly say he is a huge miss.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Obviously we wish him well, and want all our players available, but our record with him playing last season was shocking (W3 D2 L5) so we can hardly say he is a huge miss.

He's clearly not a big miss. I think most are frustrated because we know there's a top player there who could make a big difference for us. 

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-almen-abdi-in-line-to-feature-against-chesterfield-1-8691522

Lee is doing 'prevention' work and still with some problems.

I said it a few weeks ago, I bet we don't see a lot of Lee this side of Christmas.

52 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Carlos saying today he has continual knee issue which means he doesn't train with the other players often, and he has to stop training after a couple of days.

If this is true then it is nothing short of a disgrace that we spent £4m on him!!!

How did he even pass his medical?

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

But we keep hearing how good he is that all the teams in the Premier League will be banging on our door.  So maybe he's not good enough.

you seem to take every opportunity to knock Lee but imo out of all our midfielders he's the least of our worries