Kieran Lee

Surely nobody can argue now that he is not our key player? 

Our best performances come when he's fully fit and firing. 

Obviously he's had his hip problem flare up again but has there been any dialogue about when he will return?

Edited by MOwl

Lee undoubtedly ties our team together in a way that none of our other midfielders can. He's the only one who ever seems to run ahead of our forwards and create space for them.

The club should be doing everything possible to find another midfielder in a similar mould who can step in when Lee is injured or even play alongside him, perhaps. We just don't look the same without him.

Not sure that we can call any individual a key player.

Lee is a valuable asset that would probably cost us today many millions to replace and we don't have anyone else quite like him.

The honest truth is that if I had to put on paper his strengths, I'd not do him credit because he's not an easy player to describe - he has a little bit of everything and stitches all those skills together very nicely.

Spend too long waiting for him to come back.

Not his fault and it's a shame because he's an excellent player, but even when he plays he looks like he's still carrying something, hence it's not usually long before he's out again.

If he can't play soon we're going to need to bring somebody else in because our midfield at the moment just doesn't exist 

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Lee undoubtedly ties our team together in a way that none of our other midfielders can. He's the only one who ever seems to run ahead of our forwards and create space for them.

The club should be doing everything possible to find another midfielder in a similar mould who can step in when Lee is injured or even play alongside him, perhaps. We just don't look the same without him.

Very true. I can't comment on Boyd because I have not seen enough of him yet. But the only other midfielder we got that does this is, believe it or not is Marco Matias. Very good at running into space beyond the forwards. 

Edited by pazowl55

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Matias gives us something none of our other wingers give us. A direct option in behind. if he can stay fit and prove to Carlos he can cover defensively. He will be used.

Fuckme for that 'if" you need a font size as big as the Petronas Towers. 

• Haha 1

I rowed last season that Lee was our best player not FF. Whilst FF is capable of making a good team great, he can't make an average team good. 

Without Lee we are average at best. He is integral to how we play. The only player capable of transitioning play up the field. Technically excellent, fittest player I've seen. 

He allows the other CM to be a passenger at times, with his extra work ethic and I had high hopes for Abdi to get into our middle with Lee, Boyd and Reach making up the yards. 

He's the only player we couldn't replace. Every other player for me has a price yet I'd never sell Kieran Lee, I can't think of anyone outside of the prem who can do what he does. 

• Thanks 1