OFFICIAL 2017/18 Championship Rival Watch

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I agree Joost has potential, but right now we need our best Xl, and in my opinion Loovens is better today than Fred and JVA. Not a great choice, but the best we have until the Summer.

And the added bonus, is his partnership with Lees 

In fact, we rather negate that by shoehorning them into a back three In my opinion, they’d be more effective as a pair, and we could use the extra man in midfield

Just now, gurujuan said:

And the added bonus, is his partnership with Lees 

In fact, we rather negate that by shoehorning them into a back three In my opinion, they’d be more effective as a pair, and we could use the extra man in midfield

I agree. We have shipped a shed load of goals with a back 3. Neither Boyd nor Hunt are well-suited to a wing-Back role. The Lees-Loovens duo is the best we have.

Hunt Lees Loovens Pudil

Boyd Claire Jones Reach 

Joao Rhodes

That puts everyone in their best role. 

I have argued on here for Loovens to play but the  problem is I can’t remember the last time Loovens had a good game.

I suppose the Derby win was ok and we kept a clean sheet so he must have played reasonably but if he did it was the only one this season .

He has had some shockers and picking him would be based on his experience only.

On 3/14/2018 at 12:09, oldishowl said:

I have argued on here for Loovens to play but the  problem is I can’t remember the last time Loovens had a good game.

I suppose the Derby win was ok and we kept a clean sheet so he must have played reasonably but if he did it was the only one this season .

I saw loovens on Wednesday morning at Sheffield train station. He must have been picking someone up and he was late. I've never seen him move as fast.

On 14/03/2018 at 12:09, oldishowl said:

Loovens has been poor all season, but maybe if he's reunited with Lees the old magic will return. That said Pudil has been excellent since Carlos left.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Fulham look a quality team this season. Play some lovely football. Any chance we could poach their manager, I’m a big fan of his. 

They have pace and power , the two things we lack . 

Millwall 3 points off playoffs as things stand and 20 points ahead of us. Incredible. 

Just shows people saying we’re foooked because of FFP are overreacting. If Millwall can challenge, not to mention the pigs or Preston, or Huddersfield last season, then we’re more than capable if we sort our poo out.

Edited by paulrs

4 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Millwall 3 points off playoffs as things stand and 20 points ahead of us. Incredible. 

This season has been one big disgrace from our point of view. 

The sooner it ends ,the better. 

18 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

They have pace and power , the two things we lack . 

They don't. 

They have some pace, but they're not a physical side by any stretch of the imagination. 

Play some excellent football.