International XI

2 hours ago, Owling said:

Di Canio      Kovachevic

Forestieri        Harkes          Trustfull          Carbone    

Pudil              Stefanovic    Thome          Nilsson

Srinecek

If only we had that team now, mind I'm sure Carlos would fit Bannan, Lee and Hutch in to it some how.

Out of curiosity, excluding Irish, who was our first ever foreign player? Were there any before Ante Miročević and Siggi Jónsson in the 80s? Personally Roland Nilsson; John Harkes, Paolo Di Canio, Benito Carbone, Niclas Alexandersson, Marc Degryse, Regi Blinker and Pavel Srníček were my favourite foreign Wednesday players.

14 hours ago, Owling said:

Di Canio      Kovachevic

Forestieri        Harkes          Trustfull          Carbone    

Pudil              Stefanovic    Thome          Nilsson

Srinecek

This but with petrescu in for pudil and Blinker for Fessi. Degrade, Fessi and Sibon we're close.

3 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Now somebody do our worst foreign 11 .

OK , no Irish and no Loanees.................and some semblence of team shape

Tidman

Blondeau

Diallo

Sedloski

Aranalde

Ingesson

Poric

Folly

Lekaj

Ndumbu-Nsungu

Olsen

48 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Tidman

Blondeau

Diallo

Sedloski

Aranalde

Ingesson

Poric

Folly

Lekaj

Ndumbu-Nsungu

Olsen

The two CB's were decent.... Sedloski wasn't played enough and at the time Diallo was a good buy, Maddix has to be in there an probably Soldtvet

Ndumbu Nsungu was player of the year in his only season!!!

8 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Tidman

Blondeau

Diallo

Sedloski

Aranalde

Ingesson

Poric

Folly

Lekaj

Ndumbu-Nsungu

Olsen

Ndumbu Nsungu was player of the year in his only season!   Granted it was not a great bunch!

23 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Good knowledge - never knew he was originally German and called Schmidt. I'll allow both, as presumably they were both born with other nationalities and became British citizens when they were growing up.

Must admit that I knew he was born in Germany but never knew the Schmidt story! I think I just thought he was born to British parents stationed there although in 1946.......

Wilfred Samuel "Wilf" Smith (born Schmidt, 3 September 1946) is an English former professional footballer, who played in the Football League for six different teams between 1963 and 1978.

Born in Neumünster, Germany, Smith moved to Britain with his family when he was a child. They anglicised their surname from Schmidt to Smith at this time. He joined Sheffield Wednesday after leaving school, and captained both Sheffield Boys and England youth.[1]

Smith initially joined Wednesday as an apprentice in 1962, but turned professional with them in September 1963 when he turned 17. In all he made 206 League appearances for The Owls, scoring four times, before leaving to join Coventry City in 1970. He played 135 League matches in a five-year stay with the Sky Blues, but he found himself loaned out to both Brighton & Hove Albion and Millwall in his final season with the Midland club.[2]

16 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Out of curiosity, excluding Irish, who was our first ever foreign player? Were there any before Ante Miročević and Siggi Jónsson in the 80s? Personally Roland Nilsson; John Harkes, Paolo Di Canio, Benito Carbone, Niclas Alexandersson, Marc Degryse, Regi Blinker and Pavel Srníček were my favourite foreign Wednesday players.

Will Smith played in the 60's, (born in Germany) but he at least grew up in Sheffield.

There was also Malta born Brian Strutt who made 2 appearances in the late 70's (before Ante signed).

But I don't know whether he was true Maltese - or just born there to British parents (possibly military)?

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.