iFollow

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

See my above post pal. I simply signed up to the 'free' ifollow account. 

When you log in with the VPN have you tried to see if the videos are working? I logged in with a VPN switched on, but none of the videos (interviews, highlights etc) seem to be working for me. Then if I switch the VPN off and try they all work :wacko:

Hoping it doesn't do this for the Preston match. 

10 hours ago, RichieB said:

When you log in with the VPN have you tried to see if the videos are working? I logged in with a VPN switched on, but none of the videos (interviews, highlights etc) seem to be working for me. Then if I switch the VPN off and try they all work :wacko:

Hoping it doesn't do this for the Preston match. 

Good point. No, I've not tried viewing the video content once I'm connected via VPN. I'll check later and let you know.

Signed up for the season to enable me to watch matches while in Portugal. Downloaded the app on to my IPad. Tried watching videos and worked perfectly. Now counting down to Preston game. So hopefully all will be well and I will consider it money well spent. If not will be seriously annoyed. 

In lieu of a more permanent solution as I'm on the road this week, I'll be trying to stream the match on ifollow, while (attempting) connecting to a BBC Sheffield for play by play.

For those that may want to try themselves, VLC has an option to stream from a source (for this you'd want the URL of web based radio broadcasting radio Sheffield), and then you can adjust the auditory delay in the VLC settings in 50ms increments to sync the two

If I have success, I'll try and update here with the URL of my audio feed and the audio delay settings.

Alternatively, or for those that can't find a suitable radio steam (or can't be bothered), you might try watching the game on your PC, whilst simultaneously tuning into the audio broadcast on ifollow on your mobile or tablet.  I'd expect that your commentary will be slightly ahead of the video though.

In a perfect world, we'll all wake up tomorrow and ifollow will also have commentary, but I doubt it.  

Edited by Indoor Owl
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ozznotts said:

Where on swfc website do i watch the match?

Have bought it. Just want to make sure we are ready to watch from the start. Not having to mess around trying to get it to work!

The fixtures page will list each match, so scroll down to Preston and there should be a Live on iFollow link for you to click. Should be a link on the match centre page as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, new zealand owl said:

Has anyone signed up in nz or Aus yet? I would happily sign up for the season if the on demand service was available sooner than 12pm British time the following day. That's pretty much midnight on Sunday for us and with the time difference for the Live games it's just not worth it at this stage.

I'm signed up and I usually get up at 2/4am just to watch soccer Saturday so I'm loving this lol set the alarm!!

• Like 2