Conor Hourihane

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Think he will want to play rather than sit on the bench. definitely going to a Premier league club though.

They seem to give the young English players a chance, so I think he'd play his fair share. He'd do well there. Good luck to him.

Would have Hourihane if it's remotely do able (which I doubt with Dr Death), he'd add a bit of height and likes to act as a bit of a midfield general. 

Personally i think we'll end up with Scowen and still be left lacking in height but he can put a foot in at least 

13 minutes ago, owls_wawaw said:

100% this mate no striker in the world scores without service. we get that right and we have undoubtedly the best strike force in the entire league

Broadly agree with this. Although I notice a few teams have benefitted from a strong aggressive and quick striker to run the channels and create a few chances themselves. The only one who does this is Winnall, the others either tend to drop deeper or wait for the ball to come to them. Would be nice to have a striker who simply turns and runs at them.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Would Villa? 

I'm not in the know on villa, but depends if they want Bannan and how desperately, neither hourihane or Elphick have pulled up trees last year, so you never know, new gaffer are they in Bruce's plan for the new season, it's all ifs and buts. 

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'm not in the know on villa, but depends if they want Bannan and how desperately, neither hourihane or Elphick have pulled up trees last year, so you never know, new gaffer are they in Bruce's plan for the new season, it's all ifs and buts. 

True, but I think Hourihane was a key target for Bruce and they must've paid north of 7m for the pair. Not sure player plus cash deals happen these days.

Last time I saw one was when Leicester wanted Andy Booth and wanted to give us someone even worse in return.

1 hour ago, Owling said:

Sell Bannan and sign him up.

To be fair,bruce was very complimentary about Bazza when we played them. Words to the effect why on earth did the club let him go. Straight swap plus they give us 5 million :manager:

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

True, but I think Hourihane was a key target for Bruce and they must've paid north of 7m for the pair. Not sure player plus cash deals happen these days.

Last time I saw one was when Leicester wanted Andy Booth and wanted to give us someone even worse in return.

750k and that bold Iceland striker, can't remember his name right now...

11 minutes ago, MrEdwards said:

Stat website reckons Hourihane was the top defensive player in the league last season. So he could genuinely be something a lot closer to what we need IE a midfielder that can break down opposition attacks and move the play forward

Screenshot_20170601-145935.png

When your stat website reckons Hourihane and Knockaert were the best two defensive players in the Championship, you know you've filtered it wrong somehow...

:duntmatter: