Next season kit

What I just fail to understand about this club is how utterly naive they are at times

How crap have Wednesday been over the last 16 years generally? Utterly awful at some points, there were times when the only positive of the entire season was the fact that we couldn't get relegated in pre-season

But finally, we get some good news. Chansiri comes in to the club: ultra-rich, financially savvy, excellent businessman, and the fans are buoyed by the news we might start spending cash and ultimately get promoted

Anybody with any common sense then might think 'you know what, nows the time where we can revolutionise outselves commercially and make a bobbar load of money' 

Yet it doesn't happen. Chansiri the so called expert businessman continues to lead an absolute car crash of a market, failing to spot obvious areas (or conversely, he does see them and hasnt worked out how to do it) that need improvement, significant improvement at that

Dont get me wrong, steps have been taken to at least improve some of the stuff in the club shop, some of it looks alright. That doesnt mean I'll buy it. It remains incredibly overpriced and i havent seen a single bit of advertisement about any of the products anywhere, nor have i seen anybody actually wearing or using the damn stuff

But my main gripe is the replica kit. Now its been discussed to death on here, but the fact it isnt out yet is a complete and utter shambles. The replica kit is THE main piece of revenue in the club shop. Thousands buy it every year, its received with general interest every single year

And this year its our 150th anniversary, so even more significance

And guess what? Nobody knows a flipping thing about it

Wheres the communication with the fans? 

Wheres the media build up which raises anticipation? 

Where are the sneek peaks which hint at what its like?

Wheres the release date/availability information? 

Its just shoddy and unprofessional. In fact its downright embarrassing. Football clubs are ALL about the fans, yet the commercial department and the owners seem to be trying their hardest to alienate the fans and discourage people from buying the damn thing

For once wednesday, get your flipping act together and show some nous. Tell the fans when its out. Tell the fans how much its going to cost. Build some anticipation in the fans by showing some sneak peaks of it.

Its so simple, and yet its never sorted. Its the same every year. There's still time to rescue some dignity from this pitiful situation, so get your act together and be professional and actually try to work with the fans

6 minutes ago, MOwl said:

What I just fail to understand about this club is how utterly naive they are at times

How crap have Wednesday been over the last 16 years generally? Utterly awful at some points, there were times when the only positive of the entire season was the fact that we couldn't get relegated in pre-season

But finally, we get some good news. Chansiri comes in to the club: ultra-rich, financially savvy, excellent businessman, and the fans are buoyed by the news we might start spending cash and ultimately get promoted

Anybody with any common sense then might think 'you know what, nows the time where we can revolutionise outselves commercially and make a bobbar load of money' 

Yet it doesn't happen. Chansiri the so called expert businessman continues to lead an absolute car crash of a market, failing to spot obvious areas (or conversely, he does see them and hasnt worked out how to do it) that need improvement, significant improvement at that

Dont get me wrong, steps have been taken to at least improve some of the stuff in the club shop, some of it looks alright. That doesnt mean I'll buy it. It remains incredibly overpriced and i havent seen a single bit of advertisement about any of the products anywhere, nor have i seen anybody actually wearing or using the damn stuff

But my main gripe is the replica kit. Now its been discussed to death on here, but the fact it isnt out yet is a complete and utter shambles. The replica kit is THE main piece of revenue in the club shop. Thousands buy it every year, its received with general interest every single year

Its just shoddy and unprofessional. In fact its downright embarrassing. Football clubs are ALL about the fans, yet the commercial department and the owners seem to be trying their hardest to alienate the fans and discourage people from buying the damn thing

For once wednesday, get your flipping act together and show some nous. Tell the fans when its out. Tell the fans how much its going to cost. Build some anticipation in the fans by showing some sneak peaks of it.

Its so simple, and yet its never sorted. Its the same every year. There's still time to rescue some dignity from this pitiful situation, so get your act together and be professional and actually try to work with the fans

You will get comments but I can't fault this, some say it's not important and even the club doesn't need or want this money or it will come anyway. 

For me, it doesn't look professional or engage the fans or utilise the fan bases obvious deep pockets to buy them. 

Its all ok saying fans are throwing their toys out of the pram, "look at your life", get a grip and it's the want it now generation etc etc but if Swindon town can do it why can't WEDNESDAY. 

The lack of business sense seems strange 

10 minutes ago, MOwl said:

totally agree, you have saved me posting just about the same , someone from the press either staton or howson should be asking club and posting the answer they get,which will probably be no comment .

3 minutes ago, marshy said:

Went in today for a kids wallet. The Velcro type so they don't lose the cash. What a suprise, no such thing in there. Just leather ones. 

I assume you just picked the kids single duvet set, a snip at £40 to give them something! 

Edited by Spencerowl

Guest Arnold

I dont know why people are surprised at the situation. It's the same every year and due to us doing it all in house its going to take longer. 

17 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

think a lot of you are going abit ott about the kit not being out, if you follow the kit thread there are new kits being released every day, not all clubs release theirs straight away.

You won't be saying that when we have to use body paints for the first game.

45 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Don't mock. That low winter sunlight can be lethal.

I counter this with the sunglasses Barry Mannilow used to wear.

Not his one's..the one's I got off of the petrol station.

My ex father-in-law used to take the wee wee out of me for driving in sunglasses in winter till he hit a parked car just over the brow of a hill, the sun was in his eyes apparently.

The crazy thing is that it's nearly impossible to buy sunglasses after August, hence my point about Sheffield Wednesday's selling of them late in the year was slightly ironic.