Next season kit

The club has long had an inept marketing department and the club shop seems poor if a bit improved.  

But i am genuinely baffled as to why the timing of a new season kit matters very much. I am age 49 so out the equation but presumably people who buy it buy it anyway?  Seems odd to be that interested in July 

51 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

The club has long had an inept marketing department and the club shop seems poor if a bit improved.  

But i am genuinely baffled as to why the timing of a new season kit matters very much. I am age 49 so out the equation but presumably people who buy it buy it anyway?  Seems odd to be that interested in July 

A lot like to have it for their / their kids' holidays - as I don't go until October half term not to fussed by a delay.

Suppose there is also the fact they are so pricy - you want the current one for as long as possible to vaguely justify the cost: if this comes out in September it would only be current for 8 months. 

5 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

A lot like to have it for their / their kids' holidays - as I don't go until October half term not to fussed by a delay.

Suppose there is also the fact they are so pricy - you want the current one for as long as possible to vaguely justify the cost: if this comes out in September it would only be current for 8 months. 

Or 18 months depending on when the season after next's kit is out!

26 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I guess.  I'm glad neither of my kids have ever felt they want me to buy them a new shirt every season!

48 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Totally agree 

Has anybody heard of a company called S6Clothing. Came across them on Tw@tter yesterday. I recall DC stating before the end of last season that he is exploring all avenues regarding kit supplier, even local firms or making the kits ourselves. Could this S6Clothing be linked somehow?

S6Clothing.JPG

3 hours ago, Thewaynesday said:

If you're embarrassed by a club not releasing a shirt then you need some perspective in you life.  It's only a replica weeing shirt 

Each to their own, but based on the fact that all other clubs have kits out, notwithstsnding the time we have had to plan for our 150th anniversary year,  consider it embarrassing. 

Fortunately fans will buy in large numbers irrespective, despite how badly organised the club is from a merchandising point of view.

1 hour ago, RBarnes68 said:

Has anybody heard of a company called S6Clothing. Came across them on Tw@tter yesterday. I recall DC stating before the end of last season that he is exploring all avenues regarding kit supplier, even local firms or making the kits ourselves. Could this S6Clothing be linked somehow?

Interesting .. good spot

wonder if the blue will have all the names of historical players and key words in the SWFC history - guessing based on their swfc strapline picture thing.

44 minutes ago, striker said:

Each to their own, but based on the fact that all other clubs have kits out, notwithstsnding the time we have had to plan for our 150th anniversary year,  consider it embarrassing. 

Fortunately fans will buy in large numbers irrespective, despite how badly organised the club is from a merchandising point of view.

When you say "all", what you actually mean is: "all except for Fulham, Reading, Bolton, Burton and Preston..." don't you?

And why do you feel embarrassed? Do you honestly think - at a time when the vast majority of football fans are only interested in transfer news - that we're some kind of laughing stock because our kits aren't out yet? Does anyone really care that much?

S6Clothing.JPG

IMG_0523.PNG

S6Clothing are a brand of Silver Oak Marketing Ltd, and according to the Silver Oak website they make licensed non-branded football shirts, hats, scarves etc for Man Utd, Chelsea, Tottenham plus a few other domestic clubs, also official International Merchandise for Wales and Northern Ireland. Nothing on the site for us but could possibly have found our kit manufacturers for this season. Very underwhelmed if correct.

http://silveroakmarketing.yourwebshop.com/shop/category/licensed-product?cid=2008#saveFilters=true  

28 minutes ago, RBarnes68 said:

S6Clothing are a brand of Silver Oak Marketing Ltd, and according to the Silver Oak website they make licensed non-branded football shirts, hats, scarves etc for Man Utd, Chelsea, Tottenham plus a few other domestic clubs, also official International Merchandise for Wales and Northern Ireland. Nothing on the site for us but could possibly have found our kit manufacturers for this season. Very underwhelmed if correct.

http://silveroakmarketing.yourwebshop.com/shop/category/licensed-product?cid=2008#saveFilters=true  

Standard OT answer to owt the club does, Well done :ghoulguy:

2 hours ago, RBarnes68 said:

S6Clothing.JPG

Somehow,  I doubt it. 

Why would you be underwhelmed by a kit manufacturer, its just a company who makes it, it is irrelevant

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

IMG_0523.PNG

3 hours ago, RBarnes68 said:

S6Clothing.JPG

The first image says will be delivered one week after general sale at shop so my thoughts are that they have nothing to do with the making of the shirt. Also says winner announced 26th of July. By my calculations one week before that is Wednesday 19th of July. It usually gets released a few days before going on sale so im going to predict Friday 14th when the kit will be released. 

Happy to help.

Detective flo. 

13 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Why would you be underwhelmed by a kit manufacturer, its just a company who makes it, it is irrelevant

Because I would want the kit to be made to a certain quality which you would expect from one of the known brands. Not personally bothered which brand it is but i would be concerned if they were made by an unknown.