Next season kit

5 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

My ex father-in-law used to take the wee wee out of me for driving in sunglasses in winter till he hit a parked car just over the brow of a hill, the sun was in his eyes apparently.

The crazy thing is that it's nearly impossible to buy sunglasses after August, hence my point about Sheffield Wednesday's selling of them late in the year was slightly ironic.

I know, I know.

9 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

My ex father-in-law used to take the wee wee out of me for driving in sunglasses in winter till he hit a parked car just over the brow of a hill, the sun was in his eyes apparently.

The crazy thing is that it's nearly impossible to buy sunglasses after August, hence my point about Sheffield Wednesday's selling of them late in the year was slightly ironic.

Have you tried sunglass hut?

4 hours ago, MOwl said:

What I just fail to understand about this club is how utterly naive they are at times

How crap have Wednesday been over the last 16 years generally? Utterly awful at some points, there were times when the only positive of the entire season was the fact that we couldn't get relegated in pre-season

But finally, we get some good news. Chansiri comes in to the club: ultra-rich, financially savvy, excellent businessman, and the fans are buoyed by the news we might start spending cash and ultimately get promoted

Anybody with any common sense then might think 'you know what, nows the time where we can revolutionise outselves commercially and make a bobbar load of money' 

Yet it doesn't happen. Chansiri the so called expert businessman continues to lead an absolute car crash of a market, failing to spot obvious areas (or conversely, he does see them and hasnt worked out how to do it) that need improvement, significant improvement at that

Dont get me wrong, steps have been taken to at least improve some of the stuff in the club shop, some of it looks alright. That doesnt mean I'll buy it. It remains incredibly overpriced and i havent seen a single bit of advertisement about any of the products anywhere, nor have i seen anybody actually wearing or using the damn stuff

But my main gripe is the replica kit. Now its been discussed to death on here, but the fact it isnt out yet is a complete and utter shambles. The replica kit is THE main piece of revenue in the club shop. Thousands buy it every year, its received with general interest every single year

And this year its our 150th anniversary, so even more significance

And guess what? Nobody knows a flipping thing about it

Wheres the communication with the fans? 

Wheres the media build up which raises anticipation? 

Where are the sneek peaks which hint at what its like?

Wheres the release date/availability information? 

Its just shoddy and unprofessional. In fact its downright embarrassing. Football clubs are ALL about the fans, yet the commercial department and the owners seem to be trying their hardest to alienate the fans and discourage people from buying the damn thing

For once wednesday, get your flipping act together and show some nous. Tell the fans when its out. Tell the fans how much its going to cost. Build some anticipation in the fans by showing some sneak peaks of it.

Its so simple, and yet its never sorted. Its the same every year. There's still time to rescue some dignity from this pitiful situation, so get your act together and be professional and actually try to work with the fans

That's not all true, the club shop was much better under MM.

Don't know why we have to pretend it's been shíte for 16 years to excuse the fact is gone downhill.

1 hour ago, thekimmyowl said:

Why isn't there a changing room in the not so megastore 

its actually stopped me buying in the past as l like to try stuff on first

got fed up taking stuff back cos it was too big

lol 

Subtle boast post there.

Most of us have the other problem. flipping stuff is too small.

And don't get me started on Toffs. Bought a couple of things online from those Geordie flaps and the sizing has been atrocious.

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

It's all likely a marketing gimmick building anticipation and hype before the grand reveal.

Doesn't really matter to the club if they launch kit may, June, July or august I'd guess that a similar volume will be sold regardless. 

The kit debacle is embarrassing, I remember the days when new kits were relessed at the end of the previous season, what is wrong with that?

The club have plenty of time to organise without waiting for the season to end.  If a marketing gimmick is a massive own goal. 

11 minutes ago, striker said:

The kit debacle is embarrassing, I remember the days when new kits were relessed at the end of the previous season, what is wrong with that?

The club have plenty of time to organise without waiting for the season to end.  If a marketing gimmick is a massive own goal. 

The kit is likely to be different depending on Prem vs League I'd guess. 

And as for marketing own goal, there's 40 odd pages between this thread and the one below talking about new kits. Not too shabby. 

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

And as for marketing own goal, there's 40 odd pages between this thread and the one below talking about new kits. Not too shabby. 

I've been thinking this for some time.  This delay, it builds anticipation and a clamour for the new kit.  When it eventually arrives, some won't give a monkeys, they will just buy.  I suppose its the same thing that Apple do with their products.  I'm not even remotely interested in business or marketing, but it keeps the likes of us talking and engaged about the club over the close season.  Had the kit been announced on the last day of the season, signings made early June, contracts renewed, players released early doors too, what the hell would we talk about over the next  two months?

I still fully expect us to go back to stripes when we return to the PL.  It'll be made a big deal of and we will break sales records again.  They have to keep raising the bar each year to get us competing with others in this division and you have to say, it has worked.

Have faith everybody, people like DC and JP don't become successful and wealthy because they make ill judged guesses.  They have a plan, they understand their product and their market place and execute that plan.  Which funnily enough sounds like the 4 P's of marketing.....the only thing I remember from business studies at school.

48 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

But it's 40 pages of disappointed customers complaining 

55 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

I've been thinking this for some time.  This delay, it builds anticipation and a clamour for the new kit.  When it eventually arrives, some won't give a monkeys, they will just buy.  I suppose its the same thing that Apple do with their products. 

If this was a one-off then I might possibly agree - but it is like this time and time again.

Back when I used to buy myself a shirt I remember one year they were not out until October.