No Rhodes but Bannan and Fletcher in Scotland squad v England

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Few things you clearly struggle with so I shall do my best to help...

1. Im not actually James O Connor who played for us a few seasons ago and so mocking 'my' football ability is kind of wasted.

2. I was on about Darren Purse specifically , not O Connor so no idea why he keeps cropping up. 

3. Sticking the knife into Carlos? No. Unhappy with how things were panning out in the season , yes. Happy with the upturn in form? yes

Ive even admitted I was too hasty although im not overly happy we bottled the play offs again. There is a huge difference between stating im unhappy with something or somebody on a forum to hurling abuse , booing and generally making Hillsborough an awful place to play/watch football. 

As ever though you know best, in future any crap players we have ill just spit venom on the terraces as apposed to discussing on a forum . Maybe I should start with Nuihu ? 

I never said you were O'Clapper, dunno where you got that from

I realised you were on about Purse, hence my turd comment. O'Clapper comes up due to your name

Read many a comment of yours and they appear to be just gripes at Carlos. Hasty is what a lot were doing and folk that weren't were accused of happy clapping.

I've never booed any player of ours.

Nuhiu.... well let's just keep it simple and show him the door. Said 2yrs ago he wasn't good enough, he's done nothing to make me change my decision 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

So a bloke who gave his all deserves pure hatred and abuse? Incorrect. In fact what a purely moronic thing to say . Regardless of how bad they were there is no excuse to make players lives hell like certain 'fans' did. Even more funny that the biggest waster of them all at that time was esajas and he was treated pretty well. 

Anybody than can justify the way some of the players were abused during that time were treated needs to have a long hard look at themselves. 

agree..thought purse was going to get lynched by the pitchfork mob when he messed up that back pass..

2 hours ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

dont know how bannan deserves a call up

no wonder their supporters want GS sacking

was on a train few months ago and a load of Scottish lads were on way to watch Scotland game in pub and were not exactly saying nice things about bannan, I suppose if he could score and tackle he might be a bit more popular. and how Rhodes don't get into Scotland squad I don't know, most league 2 players would be superstars in Scotland ,look at celtic winning there league by 30 pts I doubt very much there side would get anywhere near the championship playoffs well 10million for Rhodes 60k a wk over 4 years that's a 22 million outlay for a player what now cant get in that pathetic Scotland squad not good is it.

The no prem sides wanting Rhodes is fairly clear, he has no pace and the championship is his ceiling.Needs to just have a good summer , let things settle a bit and come back totally motivated and starting each game next season.Got his dad here, likes the club and got a promotion to achieve, it's all set up for him.

Might be the best thing for him to be well out of the Scotland side at the moment.If he won a penalty he might have a complete break down on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

They need a new manager. Derek McInnes will be my bet when Strachan goes after the England match.

To be honest I'd take that.

Obviously I want Scotland to win but that's not going to happen, we are going to get beat, so if it happens I hope it's a big enough score for Strachan to 100% get his jotters. 

6 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

To be honest I'd take that.

Obviously I want Scotland to win but that's not going to happen, we are going to get beat, so if it happens I hope it's a big enough score for Strachan to 100% get his jotters. 

Moyes might get it lol
if Wednesday turn him down obviously

Edited by Greenhgate Owl

Guest RocketOwl
9 hours ago, heppers said:

A mate of mine who is a Leeds fan has always said there are 2 big questions about Rhodes. 1) Why do Scotland not want him? 2) Why do prem clubs not want him?

Something is not right with him.

Would suspect the premier league scouts have a similar knowledge of football to me.

He is quite clearly slow and weak for a start. He's not dynamic. You have to set up your whole team to suit Rhodes and in this day and age that doesn't happen.

Guest RocketOwl

Strachan is clueless, like Karanka. Do they not realise Rhodes scored loads 4 years ago and all they need to do is change the way the whole team play to accommodate him.

22 hours ago, heppers said:

A mate of mine who is a Leeds fan has always said there are 2 big questions about Rhodes. 1) Why do Scotland not want him? 2) Why do prem clubs not want him?

Something is not right with him.

If you watch him you'll know why

21 hours ago, handworth52 said:

was on a train few months ago and a load of Scottish lads were on way to watch Scotland game in pub and were not exactly saying nice things about bannan, I suppose if he could score and tackle he might be a bit more popular. and how Rhodes don't get into Scotland squad I don't know, most league 2 players would be superstars in Scotland ,look at celtic winning there league by 30 pts I doubt very much there side would get anywhere near the championship playoffs well 10million for Rhodes 60k a wk over 4 years that's a 22 million outlay for a player what now cant get in that pathetic Scotland squad not good is it.

Bannan's very unlikely to make the pitch, there's a fair few better players in the squad. From a Scotland point of view, Bannan's a hot and cold player. He's had a few great performances, but notably recently he had a game where he absolutely couldn't complete a pass. Just kicked simple 20 yard passes out of the pitch over and over. So that'll probably be why he was in the bad books of that particular group of fans you bumped into. The Scotland support is as fickle as ours at times. ;)

On 22/05/2017 at 20:10, handworth52 said:

Breathtaking if Rhodes is going to cost £22M over four years. It would be ridiculous on what we have seen. Some strikers score heavily for some club or other but then the circumstances are never repeated.