4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Fleetwood manager Rosler is sat behind us, shall I have a word? lol

Yeah - tell him you still remember that middle fingered salute he gave us at Maine Road

And how clever it was that he managed to disguise it from the ref by putting his hand under his armpit.lol

Doesn't his contract expire next summer? If so we won't be loaning him out for a full year because then he will out of contract. 

I think if we go up he will sign a new deal but if we don't I get the feeling he will be sold, theres bound to be prem interest. 

Very excited about him, like has been said a loan deal next season would hopefully improve him even further, get him tied down on a long term deal. Look forward to seeing him in our first team in the coming years, best prospect we have had in a long time. Last thing we want is for him to be snapped up by a so called bigger club. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Just now, S36 OWL said:

First priority is to tie him down to a long contract . He is our future. 

No doubt the vultures are already hovering ,so lets get him on a five year deal. 

Absolutely no doubt he'll be being closely monitored.

Don't forget though, the 'Hirst' babe doesn't mean the same to Chansiri- he will no doubt have clearer judgement on this than anyone else.

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

Doesn't his contract expire next summer? If so we won't be loaning him out for a full year because then he will out of contract. 

I think if we go up he will sign a new deal but if we don't I get the feeling he will be sold, theres bound to be prem interest. 

He can sign a contract whilst out on loan. 

8 minutes ago, savi said:

6 month loan at someone like Rotherham, then depending on his performances 6 months at Barnsley.

I think he would benefit at Barnsley on loan next year. Heckingbottom has them playing attacking football and he would thrive in their system as opposed to say Rotherham. Either way he needs first team games soon and we need to sign him up to a good deal.

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Don't forget though, the 'Hirst' babe doesn't mean the same to Chansiri- he will no doubt have clearer judgement on this than anyone else.

Probably not, but his goals should make DC realise what we have on our hands. 

2 minutes ago, RichieB said:

He needs to be offered premier league money for that to happen, regardless of the league we are in. 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Probably not, but his goals should make DC realise what we have on our hands. 

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Babe? lol bloody iPhone. NAME!!!

4 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He can sign a contract whilst out on loan. 

He can but it's a risk on our part, because if he didn't sign a new deal we'd be forced to recall him and sell him in the January window for less than we could get this summer. 

For me he either needs to sign a new deal this summer or get as much for him as possible if not. 

6 minutes ago, David1867 said:

He needs to be offered premier league money for that to happen, regardless of the league we are in. 

I'm sure there would be a few prem teams interested that could offer him what he and his dad obviously feel he's worth. 

I dont want us to lose him obviously just trying to be realistic. 

2 minutes ago, RichieB said:

He can but it's a risk on our part, because if he didn't sign a new deal we'd be forced to recall him and sell him in the January window for less than we could get this summer. 

For me he either needs to sign a new deal this summer or get as much for him as possible if not. 

Tribunal wouldn't it? Risky though.

IMG_1935.thumb.PNG.7fdcd6fb61bdf33292c54209b2e3984a.PNG

Thing is Canadian, as others have said, is he ready for the Championship, we all know that the gap in terms of quality is huge.

Drop into league 1 and lets see how good he actually is, keeping him local will hopefully also help his development.

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

The club should do everything they can to aid his development. If they reject loan moves on the basis he might not sign a new contract then it's pretty shameful and they deserve to lose him.

we would still get fairly substantial compensation at tribunal but this obviously wouldn't be full transfer value.