15 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Spot on.  Didn't go tonight but did go on Monday.  The first team I'd seen him and I was struck by how undeveloped he is physically.

This of course is long term exciting.  Emphatically he is not one of those 18yos who bosses it because he's grown ahead of the pack.  (Hallam Hope, anyone?)

It does mean that he's probably a little off being able to contribute at upper championship level.  Or at least that's what I'd say on the limited evidence.  Maybe a bench player next year if we stay down, but not quite convinced.  

If we were loaning him out, it might be interesting to look at overseas options.  

Good summing up. Mirrors my thoughts.

3 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Just think if you go too far down the tree you end up in a league where you learn a certain amount of game craft but don't develop skills.  And (a prejudice, perhaps) you risk getting kicked to death by central defenders of a certain type.  

I knew this was coming from someone, it just doesn't happen in modern day football. When was the last time you saw a young player out on loan and get his legs broken or suffer a bad injury, which was down to a defender being an idiot? 

Can anyone see him having the same impact that the young lad Sessegnon has had at Fulham? I'd say no and for that reason he's not ready for the first team just yet, especially a team in the higher reaches of the league. I definitely think a move to League One or Two plus be good for him next season. I know Everton are rumoured to be interested and if he signed for them then they'd ship him out on loan for sure.

Just now, MuddyFunkster said:

Can anyone see him having the same impact that the young lad Sessegnon has had at Fulham? I'd say no and for that reason he's not ready for the first team just yet...

If you're good enough, you're old enough, and its impossible to know just how good he is unless he's given a proper opportunity - not just a brief cameo on the bench.

Did anyone see Warhurst having the impact he did, before he went up front?

Sometimes, you've got to roll the dice.

14 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Incidentally, exciting as Hirst is, the player who really caught the eye Monday was Connor Kirby.  If he can stay healthy, I reckon he's got a huge career ahead

Sorry mate, missed the key, and negged you. Can someone please plus him for me...

Connor Kirby, or as I call him - iron lungs. Really good player.

17 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

He won't be strong enough till he is 19 by the looks of him.

Because he is tall you see, takes longer to fill out....But when he does, he's gonna be VERY strong indeed. 

He's probably a little reminiscent of how Connor Wickham was physically when he broke through at Ipswich, certainly in terms of height. 

Let's hope he 'fills out' in a similar way.

LtXARgs.jpg 

29 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

Only 300 pound extra a week to keep him here. 30% more than the clubs offered him. You do the math. 

Embarrassing by the club

Sounds like you know the story of what's been the problem. Care to share a bit more info?

7 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Sounds like you know the story of what's been the problem. Care to share a bit more info?

Wants a grand a week ( his dads his negotiator) club offered 700. He's stormed out ( dad) as he can get x5 more by 3 prem clubs. 

12 minutes ago, Wath-owl said:

He's probably a little reminiscent of how Connor Wickham was physically when he broke through at Ipswich, certainly in terms of height. 

Let's hope he 'fills out' in a similar way.

LtXARgs.jpg 

or he could just wear a junior kit?

and get a tattoo sleeve and grow a beard like all the cool kids.

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

It's difficult with young players to see if they will make it.but for me he's being showing promise for a while so let's pay the lad and keep him.

We have to keep the lad. 36 goals is enough for me to make that contract worth a big punt

2 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

£52K a year at 18.

Is he worth it to the club, yes.

Is it stupid money in football, yes.

Get it paid DC.

If the going rate for top English strikers is anything to go by he could be worth north of £30 million one day. It's not even a gamble.