Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Tribunal wouldn't it? Risky though.

Yes mate I think it would be a tribunal if his contract ran down and like you say it's risky, we could end up with hardly anything for him. Really don't want us to lose him and certainly dont want to risk losing him on the cheap. 

3 minutes ago, David1867 said:

The club should do everything they can to aid his development. If they reject loan moves on the basis he might not sign a new contract then it's pretty shameful and they deserve to lose him.

we would still get fairly substantial compensation at tribunal but this obviously wouldn't be full transfer value. 

I'm not saying we should reject loan moves on that basis, I'm just giving my prediction that if he refuses to sign then we will sell this summer anyway. 

Just now, RichieB said:

I'm not saying we should reject loan moves on that basis, I'm just giving my prediction that if he refuses to sign then we will sell this summer anyway. 

I have a feeling he may be gone this summer, there are clubs out there that can offer much more than us and to be fair I wouldn't blame him for leaving either. 

1 minute ago, David1867 said:

I have a feeling he may be gone this summer, there are clubs out there that can offer much more than us and to be fair I wouldn't blame him for leaving either. 

Me neither, and if that does happen I just hope we get a fantastic deal for him with a good sell on. Let's hope he stays anyway. 

31 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Tick tock,  tick tock. ..

Just counting the seconds till someone arrives in this thread to announce this news means he should start in the play-offs if Hooper isn't fit..

Should check Facebook. People genuinely calling for him to start the game on Sunday! 

11 minutes ago, savi said:

Thing is Canadian, as others have said, is he ready for the Championship, we all know that the gap in terms of quality is huge.

Drop into league 1 and lets see how good he actually is, keeping him local will hopefully also help his development.

Double edged sword really. We won't know unless we play him !!!

I understand those who advocate a patient approach, but there are a number of teams who are willing to ' blood' their youngsters, to see what they really have. Young Dozell at Ipswich was 16 when he scored against us.

Hirst's goal tally is going to attract interest, which, alongside being a full youth international player, and scoring for the National side is going to make him one hot commodity. Can we realistically hold on to him, or will one of the Premiership big boys make him an offer he cannot refuse.

In reality its decision time now for the club. We can no doubt afford to make him an attractive offer ourselves, but it will probably need to be the equivalent wage to an established professional- and at this point he hasn't really proven anything. 

Its a case of backing our judgement- if we think the balance of probability is he will become a top level player we'll have to commit now. If we're not convinced we'll probably cash in the chips.

Big call for someone. 

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

1 hour ago, ZIMMY said:

He should have been on the bench instead of people like Nuhiu and Semedo this season, i will be shocked if either are still here come pre season neither nowhere near good enough,just two of  Carlos 's favourites where as George has a big future in the game,at Wednesday or some Club who believe if you are good enough you are old enough.

Bore off thickcunt

51 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you are kidding arnt you .......

Purely out of interest, why would you be against such a move? To me, sending Hirst out on loan to a club like Mansfield would be no different in principle to Chelsea sending out Tammy Abrahams to Bristol City or numerous other examples that could be quoted. He would at some point need to get league experience and it seems to me that would be as good as any other loan move. Or am I missing something?

59 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Also he's still growing, looking at him on that parade around the pitch last Sunday there's nowt to him. When he fills out a bit more he'll be some player.

Spot on.  Didn't go tonight but did go on Monday.  The first team I'd seen him and I was struck by how undeveloped he is physically.

This of course is long term exciting.  Emphatically he is not one of those 18yos who bosses it because he's grown ahead of the pack.  (Hallam Hope, anyone?)

It does mean that he's probably a little off being able to contribute at upper championship level.  Or at least that's what I'd say on the limited evidence.  Maybe a bench player next year if we stay down, but not quite convinced.  

If we were loaning him out, it might be interesting to look at overseas options.  

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Purely out of interest, why would you be against such a move? To me, sending Hirst out on loan to a club like Mansfield would be no different in principle to Chelsea sending out Tammy Abrahams to Bristol City or numerous other examples that could be quoted. He would at some point need to get league experience and it seems to me that would be as good as any other loan move. Or am I missing something?

Just think if you go too far down the tree you end up in a league where you learn a certain amount of game craft but don't develop skills.  And (a prejudice, perhaps) you risk getting kicked to death by central defenders of a certain type.