Evening ladies and gents.

As I write, the U23 are 2-0 up, with young Hirst scoring both. 36 goals for the lad this term, a fantastic achievement, whatever people may make of the calibre of opponents.

Should promotion be achieved this time around, what are your thoughts about George next year ?

Personally, like the old adage states " If you are good enough, you are old enough'. I would be tempted to include him in the 1st team squad, with opportunities for him to take part as a sub. Should CC deem this too early for him, them a full season loan would probably be the next best thing.

I think he is an exceptional talent, but we can only wrap him in cotton wool for a little while, he needs regular game time against better players, to see where he really is at.

6 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

As I write, the U23 are 2-0 up, with young Hirst scoring both. 36 goals for the lad this term, a fantastic achievement, whatever people may make of the calibre of opponents.

Should promotion be achieved this time around, what are your thoughts about George next year ?

Personally, like the old adage states " If you are good enough, you are old enough'. I would be tempted to include him in the 1st team squad, with opportunities for him to take part as a sub. Should CC deem this too early for him, them a full season loan would probably be the next best thing.

I think he is an exceptional talent, but we can only wrap him in cotton wool for a little while, he needs regular game time against better players, to see where he really is at.

How does the 36 goals break down? U19s, U 23s etc

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

9 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

If he's still here then a full season loan is a must, he won't fulfill his potential whilst playing u23 football, especially in the PLD2. 

I wouldnt be suprised if a serious club comes in with an offer and he ends up going, with the offer of better money, facilities and realistic route to the first team I couldn't blame him if he did go. 

Guest We Shall Overcome
3 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

He should have been on the bench instead of people like Nuhiu and Semedo this season, i will be shocked if either are still here come pre season neither nowhere near good enough,just two of  Carlos 's favourites where as George has a big future in the game,at Wednesday or some Club who believe if you are good enough you are old enough.

Just now, David1867 said:

If he's still here then a full season loan is a must, he won't fulfill his potential whilst playing u23 football, especially in the PLD2. 

I wouldnt be suprised if a serious club comes in with an offer and he ends up going, with the offer of better money, facilities and realistic route to the first team I couldn't blame him if he did go. 

Would take a cracking offer with a good sell on clause I would think.

Just now, ZIMMY said:

He should have been on the bench instead of people like Nuhiu and Semedo this season, i will be shocked if either are still here come pre season neither nowhere near good enough,just two of  Carlos 's favourites where as George has a big future in the game,at Wednesday or some Club who believe if you are good enough you are old enough.

How on earth can you say he should be on the bench instead of Semedo? That just makes no sense.

3 minutes ago, ZIMMY said:

He's a very different player to Nuhiu, who in my opinion can do a job when played. One thing Iv said on here many times though is that I'd have more confidence in Hirst scoring than either Joao or Nuhiu. 

Just now, ashamanic said:

I have no idea why he isn't involved with the first team - not good enough? Quick enough? Strong enough?

Whatever the reason, I don't know that another season where he is will benefit him. We do t want him to stagnate.

Did you see him against Chelsea's U 18's? He barely impacted on the game and their centre half handled him comfortably when he did get a look in.

He needs to add some strength to his game before he's anything like ready for the Championship.

L1/L2 would be a good test while he toughens up a bit. If he's good enough he'll prove it. 

4 minutes ago, ashamanic said:

I have no idea why he isn't involved with the first team - not good enough? Quick enough? Strong enough?

Whatever the reason, I don't know that another season where he is will benefit him. We do t want him to stagnate.

The reason he isn't is because we signed Sam Winnall and Jordan Rhodes.