Star football awards..

21 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Having seen that board, they'll put them on if they don't win as well. 

EDIT: sorry, posted this and then burst out laughing thinking about that board again so had to come back and edit it :laugh:. Sheffield United honours - losing to their biggest rivals at Wembley and 4 losing play-off finals without scoring a goal. 

Great comedy board from dem blavdes 

Only they could claim failure as success.  Pathetic club

garymegson

18 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Your supporting the spineless toad then ?

No just not supporting someone who doesn't go to games but whose raison detre is slinging mud on here towards a club he purports to support...pathetic

Edited by daveyboy66

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

No just not supporting someone who doesn't go to games but whose raison detre is slinging mud on here towards a club he purports to support...pathetic

Why would you honestly think I'm slinging mud at the club ?

I'd rather you took a deep look at those that tried to hurt our club when they thought (aledgedly) they were defending it..

Why are you so quick to believe I don't go to games?

Why is it you only think those that go to games nowadays are allowed a view point?

When have I ever asked you to support me? - believe it or not, some of us don't need your support WTF:..

You are a little blinkered if you don't mind me saying..

5 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Martha Reeves and the vendattas

Excellent. 

The term comes from a famous mathematician who also started a business as a pay-day lone company. Unfortunately too many of his clients were unable to repay the loan, and they became known as Venn debtors.

Cross my heart, hope to die.

9 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Always feel these type of awards should be after the season has ended. 

They do these awards now because like most normal human beings, the players, management and staff don't give a flying fiddle about them. 

As soon as the seasons over the players go on holiday, if you asked them "do you mind delaying your holiday for a week we've go the awards to do?"

You know what the response would be!!

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Excellent. 

The term comes from a famous mathematician who also started a business as a pay-day lone company. Unfortunately too many of his clients were unable to repay the loan, and they became known as Venn debtors.

Cross my heart, hope to die.

Did he draw diagrams to illustrate his debtors?

Our Board in the 1990s consisted of gibbering elderly mediocrities presiding helplessly over decline. Not unlike the pre-Gorbachev soviet politburo.

But Dave Richards was something else. Not just clueless in the way that people like Joe Ashton were clueless but in the end actively pursuing his own agenda at the expense of ours.

Vile man. Entirely unwelcome at out club.

Guest Deleted member
10 hours ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Yeah, Owlstalk doing it's best again to defend the undefencable...

Grandad sits on the Kop and can see the "spineless toad"  but apparently the spineless toad can't see the self adoring one on the Kop..

Double standards and no doubt this will get removed just like my last post against the "multi log in one" did..

*sigh*

What is your problem?

I havent a clue who you are, but since you showed up on here you've done nothing but attack me. OK, you don't like me - thats absolutely fine and fair enough - you're not the only one. But why do you constantly derail threads with more of your guff and personal (extremely boring) attacks?

For the record I have a friend who knows Dave Richards well, and its he who has told me he sits in the Grandstand. Ive actually seen him a couple of times going in through the turnstiles too. He wears a baseball hat to most games now - which is a shame - because idiots would attack him. Despite him being the most successful Wednesday Chairman (according to the record books) of our time.

He won a trophy, developed the ground, brought in legends like Chris Waddle and Di Canio - without a doubt his time as Chairman was the most exciting time to be a Wednesday fan in MY lifetime. And I include current in that.

Yes - it fell apart. Wasn't sustainable. In my view he retained Danny Wilsons services too long, should have backed up Di Canio, should have kept Big Ron here in his 2nd spell. But we all make mistakes.  For me - the fact that Dave Richards was responsible for this moment...

Image result for nigel pearson wembley

... and the fact the he still goes to Hillsborough (and away) makes him every inch a Wednesday fan - and despite your efforts to prove otherwise - WAWAW

11 minutes ago, Grandad said:

*sigh*

What is your problem?

I havent a clue who you are, but since you showed up on here you've done nothing but attack me. OK, you don't like me - thats absolutely fine and fair enough - you're not the only one. But why do you constantly derail threads with more of your guff and personal (extremely boring) attacks?

For the record I have a friend who knows Dave Richards well, and its he who has told me he sits in the Grandstand. Ive actually seen him a couple of times going in through the turnstiles too. He wears a baseball hat to most games now - which is a shame - because idiots would attack him. Despite him being the most successful Wednesday Chairman (according to the record books) of our time.

He won a trophy, developed the ground, brought in legends like Chris Waddle and Di Canio - without a doubt his time as Chairman was the most exciting time to be a Wednesday fan in MY lifetime. And I include current in that.

Yes - it fell apart. Wasn't sustainable. In my view he retained Danny Wilsons services too long, should have backed up Di Canio, should have kept Big Ron here in his 2nd spell. But we all make mistakes.  For me - the fact that Dave Richards was responsible for this moment...

Image result for nigel pearson wembley

... and the fact the he still goes to Hillsborough (and away) makes him every inch a Wednesday fan - and despite your efforts to prove otherwise - WAWAW

I disagree. In 1993 we were in a position to establish ourselves as a top half premier league club. We had massive strategic advantages that were thrown away. By 1996 we were in the relegation mire.

However having said he shouldn't be welcome at Hillsborough, when you say he turns up but does so in a cap to avoid recognition...well, clearly that's gone too far, and it's the sort of area where hasty words should be avoided. In the end it's only the football.

Guest Deleted member
9 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I disagree. In 1993 we were in a position to establish ourselves as a top half premier league club. We had massive strategic advantages that were thrown away. By 1996 we were in the relegation mire.

However having said he shouldn't be welcome at Hillsborough, when you say he turns up but does so in a cap to avoid recognition...well, clearly that's gone too far, and it's the sort of area where hasty words should be avoided. In the end it's only the football.

I completely understand your viewpoint - and yes - we should have built on what we had. His personal removal of big Ron was ridiculous after he'd saved us - and we were ready to move on with Nigel pearson coming in as his assistant could have meant big things for us. I totally agree he was wrong not to build on the strategy. But by the same token - can you honestly think of a more exciting time to be a Wednesdayite than the first 5 years of the 90s?

54 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I completely understand your viewpoint - and yes - we should have built on what we had. His personal removal of big Ron was ridiculous after he'd saved us - and we were ready to move on with Nigel pearson coming in as his assistant could have meant big things for us. I totally agree he was wrong not to build on the strategy. But by the same token - can you honestly think of a more exciting time to be a Wednesdayite than the first 5 years of the 90s?

Some of us weren't there to see 'the most exciting years of being a Wednesday fan' and have only ever seen dross after dross playing for us.

Think about the fans who have to live with the legacy that men like Dave Richards left without ever seeing the fleeting success he bought to the club.

But no, it's all about you. 

46 minutes ago, Grandad said:

First four years but yes, agree.  (I'm afraid what makes this time less exciting is that when we do go up, as we will in the next few seasons if not this one, life in the premier league will be little fun.  But nothing to be done about that)

Guest Deleted member
17 minutes ago, SBOwl said:

Some of us weren't there to see 'the most exciting years of being a Wednesday fan' and have only ever seen dross after dross playing for us.

Think about the fans who have to live with the legacy that men like Dave Richards left without ever seeing the fleeting success he bought to the club.

But no, it's all about you. 

*sigh*

Lining up. Another one trying to make it personal.

My son didn't see those years either - and like you has kept the faith. Much like myself before when I was his age - living on stories of the early 60s, Catterick, and how we would have won the League had it not been for the double winning Tottenham side.

I was 25 before I saw anything like a great team - although the Wilko years provided some relief in between.

That time is coming around again - sadly its taken a similar length of time for the cycle to go full cycle. But you really do get the feeling that we are destined for great things. Lets hope so...

(Its not all about me. But allow an old codger some reminiscing please)

So, as i see it, from your post Grandad.

Mr Chansiri pumps a huge amount of money into the club and wins the FA cup., which is more esteemed than the League cup.

Everybody should be happy when he then takes all the money out,  and we go out of existence, because this time there is no knight in shining armour around.

1) It is not sustainable, because there is far more going out, than there is coming in?

2) He did it as self promoting for a high ranking job somewhere?

But, everybody makes mistakes, hey ho.

I would ask your friend (depending on how well he really knows him), to tell you everything, warts and all.