SAG crowds and concourses.

Guest Deleted member
27 minutes ago, LoOkOut said:

I don't think people are obsessing I just think most folk are annoyed that here at Hillsborough we have an away end that isn't attached to the home end and we can only let 2-3k Newcastle fans and on top of this have sections towards the away end in both the north and south stands netted off.

The poster that showed the qpr picture highlighted that whilst that looked packed it doesn't seem to be an issue there, even at a tight subuteo ground yet at a 40k Hillsborough we have to have 10k wiped off out attendance.

If only someone at sag could come out and explain why this is bcz personally I think it's totally over kill.

I understand that the away tickets was limited by the Police - not the SAG. Maybe they didn't want more than 2300 Geordies drinking in Sheffield before a 5.30pm kick off? Who knows - but it certainly wasn't SAG - who only sit once a quarter. The fact the bottom tier was opened to Wednesday fans suggest it was acceptable to SAG to have that stand sold to Newcastle only

Guest Deleted member
Just now, Grandad said:

I understand that the away tickets was limited by the Police - not the SAG. Maybe they didn't want more than 2300 Geordies drinking in Sheffield before a 5.30pm kick off? Who knows - but it certainly wasn't SAG - who only sit once a quarter. The fact the bottom tier was opened to Wednesday fans suggest it was acceptable to SAG to have that stand sold to Newcastle only

(This is what I mean by thinking about what is said. Doesnt the above explanation make more sense when viewed objectively - than saying "The SAG are picking on us because we're Sheffield Wednesday"??

11 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

What about the south? Lower lep

Upper Lep corner?

That section in the South (AA) was also closed for persistent standing.

Primarily because the knuckledraggers, displaced from the North stand took up residence there.

It seems that they were incapable of watching a game at Hillsborough without being as close as possible to the away fans.

Guest Deleted member
4 minutes ago, cactus said:

That section in the South (AA) was also closed for persistent standing.

Primarily because the knuckledraggers, displaced from the North stand took up residence there.

It seems that they were incapable of watching a game at Hillsborough without being as close as possible to the away fans.

Seems like the SAG are less of a problem than our idiotic fringe

This was one of the items from last weeks meeting -

The capacity at Hillsborough was reduced on safety grounds this season to 33,800. Lots of improvements have been made and the club has its annual inspection in two weeks where they hope capacity will increase back to 36,000ish. The NW corner will still be out of use regardless

28 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

That was printed in 2008

Still relevant today especially circulation on concourses - QPR's ground would seem on the face of it to be contrary to the guidance but additional CCTV may address many issues in existing stadiums.

'If the management’s strategy for controlling the numbers entering the concourse fails to resolve the overcrowding, the (S) factor (see Section 2.4) for the viewing accommodation served by the concourse should be reduced.'

Obviously the above is above and beyond any persistent standing issue.

Perhaps a way around it [the standing] is to designate/sell tickets in those blocks currently netted as additional family areas who are unlikely to stand throughout the game freeing up seats elsewhere?

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Apparently the police removed 30 -40 youngsters under the influence of alcohol when Newcastle were away at Villa...they then, having a duty of care had to look after them until they could be let out safely to go to their coaches...this was one of the prime reasons for the allocation at Hillsborough

29 minutes ago, Lombado said:

This was one of the items from last weeks meeting -

The capacity at Hillsborough was reduced on safety grounds this season to 33,800. Lots of improvements have been made and the club has its annual inspection in two weeks where they hope capacity will increase back to 36,000ish. The NW corner will still be out of use regardless

Lots of individual and localised improvements can be made, however, circulation around the outside of the stadium remains a big problem and providing separate exits for each segregated area within the route around the ground - the river does not help, nor does the fact there is no exit onto Vere Road from the back of the North or N West corner.

47 Vere road is for sale at the moment for 110K - buying this or one in the vicinity and knocking it down to form a route through would go along way to allowing home fans to exit 3 corners of the stadium with away fans solely using the Leppings Lane exit?

Edited by Flat Owl

I was on the Kop for the Cardiff game last year, took me the entire half time break to go for a pee and get back to my seat dues to the crush down the path by the car park.  Our concourses are rubbish, and could (in the Kop's case at least) be easily widened to improve them.

Guest Deleted member
10 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Lots of individual and localised improvements can be made, however, circulation around the outside of the stadium remains a big problem and providing separate exits for each segregated area within the route around the ground - the river does not help, nor does the fact there is no exit onto Vere Road from the back of the North or N West corner.

47 Vere road is for sale at the moment for 110K - buying this or one in the vicinity and knocking it down to form a route through would go along way to allowing home fans to exit 3 corners of the stadium with away fans solely using the Leppings Lane exit?

47 Vere Rd - shown here - centre of a terrace. 

can't imagine planning permission would be easy to achieve here - for demolition merely to provide a pathway - without the associated costs of making good the two walls of the remaining properties.vererd.thumb.png.16c84ce35b70340480f388bf4abedd48.png

2 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Do you make a living out of being a condascending, patronising tvv.at?

Tbf.  Grandad has a point. Our Neanderthal element have caused more reduced allocation and alcohol bans than SAG ever could. 

38 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

My point is we had no restrictions in the last 10yrs

Not sure what you mean?

We've have had plenty of restrictions placed on us in the last 10 years, mainly around capacity.

Guest Deleted member
37 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Do you make a living out of being a condascending, patronising tvv.at?

Do you make a living teaching English?

Oh. Wait. Clearly not 

36 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

The behaviour of our fans at S6 is no different to behaviour of any other clubs fans?  Every club's got di.ckheads in their fan base.

Exactly.

Fans at every ground round the country stand.

But if people want to support the SAG then they will jump on anything.