SAG crowds and concourses.

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

you must work for sag ,ive been to around a 1000 games home and away I think I know a bit about safety ,football supporters culture etc . our ground if it had a different name and was down south would be allowed to seat appx 39000 fact. these numpties sag aint a clue it might help if someone who does there job actually goes to watch football home and away and gets the idea how football supporters act etc .instead just been a pen pusher.

Call your 1000 and raise you.....how many of SAG do you know to say that they haven't got a clue?

42 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

The 4th point sums up how ridiculous it all is.

Were SAG in existence for the Wycombe game?

More to the point, where was all the netting stored for this match?!

You say the 4th point sums up how ridiculous it is

"Capacity numbers have, on the whole, decreased as the stadium has gotten (sic) safer"

tha could very well also say that the stadium has become safer as capacity numbers have decreased 

Guest mkowl

I think trying to compare today with 5 years ago is a flawed concept. The world moves on - what was deemed safe or best practice then is sort of not relevant today. 

Anybody who even dips their toe into the world of regulation, whether that be health and safety or something more mundane like data protection, will tell you how the goalposts get moved.

I know when my compliance lady does her annual check on my firm there will be a list of things she points out i should be doing and you just think FFS and I don't have to worry about 30,000 people turning up. 

13 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

What we've derived from this thread so far then:

• SAG are necessary under currents laws
  • Most of us very much misunderstand the role of SAG.
  • SAG/SYP/local authorities/SWFC know what the capacity of any stand is as it is written on the safety certificate 
  • Capacity numbers have, on the whole, decreased as the stadium has gotten older
  • There is no segregation netting outside of the Leppings Lane stand.
  • The Leppings Lane end needed rebuilding after 1989
  • In lieu of the above point...we are going to need a new stadium to have a stadium that comples with modern design & regulations 
  • Hillsborough has a stigma attached to it that means regulatory authorities will always err on the side of caution 
  • Broadchurch ending was anti-climatic and crap

If I may offer an alternative view..