SAG crowds and concourses.

43 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

totally agree ,in 1989 just about every ground had large standing areas with supporters behind 20ft cages with police treating supporters quite often like animals that tragedy could have happened anywhere. things now and have been for many years are totally different we have had upto 40000 seated without any incidents but now these jobsworth  what have no idea about football stadia and what causes accidents etc etc ,I go all over supporting our team and most clubs ive been to have smaller concourses than we do yet have and are allowed to sell every seat,

I can guarantee that these "jobsworths" know so much more than you will ever know about football stadia and how accidents are caused

yoir statement "...these jobsworths what have no idea about football stadia" helped me form that consclusion 

I'm in my mid-forties and attended many games pre-disaster and afterwards watching Wednesday where I didn't feel safe. That includes crushes on terracing, poor entry areas, inadequate turnstiles, poor policing and, probably the biggest factor, the stupidity of other fans and fellow Wednesday fans. I now take my sons regularly to Hillsborough and elsewhere and I'm thankful that that was then and this is now.

I'm not going to add to any of what's already been said regarding the over-zealous SAG but clearly they've got a job to do and won't compromise. Even if a lot of what they do is clearly way over the top!

What we all have to remember is what our Chairman has done in the last two years regarding the finances of the club. The income levels are much higher although many would argue he has gone too far with his price rises. That being so, does anyone really believe that he will stand by and let almost 10,000 seats go begging?

We all hope of course that we don't spend many more years in this division. The reality is that we may need another one or two years to bridge that gap. I personally don't think the chairman will wait that long to spend significant amounts on the ground to bring it up to scratch. Money spent on the ground would be capitalised in the accounts and wouldn't count towards the clubs losses and so wouldn't affect the FFP rules. After all, he will spend £9m on one player in the summer.

There's no doubt that the finance director and the rest of the board will have looked in detail at the plans unveiled in 2009 raising capacity to 44,800 at a cost of £22m. Perhaps this won't be achieved completely until Premier League football returns. If Mr Chansiri is still our chairman in a couple of years time, surely changes WILL have been made.

7 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

Lots of individual and localised improvements can be made, however, circulation around the outside of the stadium remains a big problem and providing separate exits for each segregated area within the route around the ground - the river does not help, nor does the fact there is no exit onto Vere Road from the back of the North or N West corner.

47 Vere road is for sale at the moment for 110K - buying this or one in the vicinity and knocking it down to form a route through would go along way to allowing home fans to exit 3 corners of the stadium with away fans solely using the Leppings Lane exit?

I bet the people living at 45 and 49 will love you, how would you fancy having a few thousand football fans streaming past your house when you're trying to watch Broadchurch?  

21 hours ago, Grandad said:

The netted seats in the North are down to persistent standing. I was specific about that 

And only because I was told directly by a stadium manager who works with SAG

Everyone stands on Liverpools kop which to me is the biggest irony of all

1 hour ago, Ian said:

I can guarantee that these "jobsworths" know so much more than you will ever know about football stadia and how accidents are caused

yoir statement "...these jobsworths what have no idea about football stadia" helped me form that consclusion 

So why arnt these Muppets applying the regs across the board ? 

19 minutes ago, raljex said:

For those of you that know the inner workings of SAG:

I know that the police are represented on the SAG but are the two entities allowed to have differing opinions? If so, who has the final say?

I rest my case. 

The fact south Yorkshire`s Keystone cops are involved tells you SAG are not fit for purpose. 

7 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

The behaviour of our fans at S6 is no different to behaviour of any other clubs fans?  Every club's got di.ckheads in their fan base.

7 hours ago, Ryan the owl said:

We don't really have that many problems at home in the grand scheme of things.

which goes to show that  SAG and SYP are on top of things when it comes to keeping rival fans apart ....it's so bleeding obvious that the problem lies with the club being unable to work within the government guidelines . .the rules are  there in black &white in the handbook on sports stadium safety .SAG  don't make the rules all they do is make sure they are implemented .......blaming SAG is akin to blaming the tester when your car fails it's MOT .

Just now, torryowl said:

which goes to show that  SAG and SYP are on top of things when it comes to keeping rival fans apart ....it's so bleeding obvious that the problem lies with the club being unable to work within the government guidelines . .the rules are  there in black &white in the handbook on sports stadium safety .SAG  don't make the rules all they do is make sure they are implemented .......blaming SAG is akin to blaming the tester when your car fails it's MOT .

Thats cobblers 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Really . The photos from the QPR concourses on saturday prove otherwise. 

You're just digging deeper now.....so your initial comment about SAG not applying regs across the board was comparing QPR with Hillsborough?

Be interesting to post on here photo examples of where we think other clubs are applying different approaches to SAG.

I suppose some of the inconsistency in the seating might be to do with what space there is on the concourse - I admit I'm grasping at straws.

5 minutes ago, raljex said:

Why do fans have to be kept apart? It was OK down at Fulham this season in the mixed area. We mix outside the ground, on public transport and in public houses. Maybe having such big areas between the fans gives people an excuse to play up.

Also, I've been going to the matches regularly since 1987, and can count the number of serious incidents of crowd trouble I've witnessed on one hand.

may work down at Fulham but  if a Fulham fan celebrates on our kop in 2 weeks time he'll be in for a spot of bother ....course there's very little crowd trouble  the police have it off to a tee these days with segregation and keeping fans apart .