SAG crowds and concourses.

Unfortunately this has no correlation to what does or doesnt happen at hillsborough.

The people who are on the SAG in Sheffield will always have that day back in 1989 in their minds when providing the club with recommendations, despite supporters being absolved of any wrong doing.

Can you imagine what would happen if anything untowards happened again at Hillsborough.

Whether we as fans or the club like it or not,  over cautious attitudes will always play a role because of past events.

The main thing is that their decisions are totally impartial, and based on current data and facts.

As long as we aren't being treated differently to other clubs or discriminated against, then we have no complaints.

It would be very unfortunate if decisions were influenced by emotion, and fear of blame, rather than detailed risk assessment.

1989 is now irrelevant and to be honest I'm sick of hearing about it. 

Havimg been at qpr yesterday , whilst I don't have a problem with a tight concourse it just shows what utter pointless clown stupid advisory goons are. Add that to villa away , derby away (modern stadium) all places far more cramped than hillsborough 

2 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

Absolute farce in the QPR concourses today. How SAG have got the cheek to reign us in when conditions like that are allowed week in week out. 

IMG_8760.JPG

IMG_8762.JPG

i was going to post this myself, if sag ran that ground it be shut down. u couldn't move it was dangerous yet these sag clowns are trying to ruin us with claims our concoarses are too small ,tell these jokers to have a look at other grounds including a few newer ones the concoarses are smaller than ours yet they have full seats available .

I had the same conversation at the game with my wife. 

Unreal. Nowhere to move. Was shocking. It didn't help that the section I was in stewards was asking every1 to see there ticket when trying to get back in the stand after half time. So that backed loads up 

Shocking little ground tbh. 

3 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

Absolute farce in the QPR concourses today. How SAG have got the cheek to reign us in when conditions like that are allowed week in week out. 

IMG_8760.JPG

IMG_8762.JPG

I'm confused.....you say it was a farce at QPR yet still seem to be having a pop at SAG.....are you saying you want it to be an absolute farce at Hillsborough as well.

Your post and pictures prove what a good job SAG do in not allowing the farcical situation you talk about to occur at Hillsborough

2 hours ago, mike84 said:

Unfortunately this has no correlation to what does or doesnt happen at hillsborough.

The people who are on the SAG in Sheffield will always have that day back in 1989 in their minds when providing the club with recommendations, despite supporters being absolved of any wrong doing.

Can you imagine what would happen if anything untowards happened again at Hillsborough.

Whether we as fans or the club like it or not,  over cautious attitudes will always play a role because of past events.

If this was consistent then I wouldn't mind so much, but Hillsborough has had many a sell out crowd - real sell outs - since 1989.

The Euros, the League Cup Final replay between Middlesbrough and Leicester, many a cup semi-final, and not

forgetting SWFC games, with the most recent coming to mind that pulled a crowd of 38,000 vs Wycombe in 2012.

What has happened in the last few years that has triggered this over-zealous reduction in capacity?

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

I'm confused.....you say it was a farce at QPR yet still seem to be having a pop at SAG.....are you saying you want it to be an absolute farce at Hillsborough as well.

Your post and pictures prove what a good job SAG do in not allowing the farcical situation you talk about to occur at Hillsborough

I can't believe people like you actually exist . Yesterday was more cramped than hillsborough ever has been and shock horror nothing happened and as far as I'm aware never has. 

Its time this silly over obsession with health and safety ends . Hillsborough full is perfectly safe has been ever sInce it became all seated and will continue to be so .

14 minutes ago, Ian said:

Are you really confused or just being a tw@?

What the posters are saying is, the QPR away end isn't fit for purpose, whereas our away end is. The QPR one has no restrictions or netting, whereas ours does.

That's why one is a farce for being fully open, & one is a farce for not being. Clown.

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Are you really confused or just being a tw@?

What the posters are saying is, the QPR away end isn't fit for purpose, whereas our away end is. The QPR one has no restrictions or netting, whereas ours does.

That's why one is a farce for being fully open, & one is a farce for not being. Clown.

The opening poster is not saying that our away end is fit for purpose.....I suggest you use the current holiday period to do a bit more revision and concentrate on reading - it's important that you get as good a grade as possible in Englanderish

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

I can't believe people like you actually exist . Yesterday was more cramped than hillsborough ever has been and shock horror nothing happened and as far as I'm aware never has. 

What a stupid stupid post..really?....more cramped ta Hillsborough ever has been?....and when you say "nothing happened" yesterday, what do you mean by that because I'm aware of things that "happened" yesterday 

22 minutes ago, Ian said:

The opening poster is not saying that our away end is fit for purpose.....I suggest you use the current holiday period to do a bit more revision and concentrate on reading - it's important that you get as good a grade as possible in Englanderish

You keep typing my friend. You're saying far more about yourself than I ever could.

2 hours ago, Evansy14 said:

I had the same conversation at the game with my wife. 

Unreal. Nowhere to move. Was shocking. It didn't help that the section I was in stewards was asking every1 to see there ticket when trying to get back in the stand after half time. So that backed loads up 

Shocking little ground tbh. 

I was on back row of bottom tier in section behind goal and right next to stewards checking tickets and they turned back 30-40 fans who had tickets for the end gangways but we're trying to gebqxk into the centre sections and I was stood on a row where there were 12 seats and about 20 people.

Is it really that hard for people to read a lett and number on a ticket?

It was also bizarre that the upper tier could only be entered by taking a 10 minute detour around the back streets rather than at the South Africa Road side that most fans approached it from. Despite there being an entrance there and fans able to exit at that side after the game. This resulted in the upper tier being congested at the far side before the game, due to everyone entering at that side and people also naturally congregating around their allocated gangway but at the other end it wasn't so bad as only people with tickets for that side were up at that end.