New home shirt

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Holmes said:

What are you babbling on about now?  I suggest you read my previous posts in this thread.  

Hopefully your back to school on Monday.

Hit a nerve.

Sheffield Wednesday play in blue and white. Could be stripes, hoops, next year kit. I am just pleased our divary dramatic fans only have the kit to moan about these days.

I would rather the kit be changed then the name, stadium name, colour. Chansiri has been very respectful, if he doesnt like stripes I am with him. 

Guest RocketOwl

With the whole kit moaning reminds me of a spoilt kid at xmas who gets an XBOX but then moans that they also wanted this and that.

Some people need to remember what our chairman has done and grow a pair and stop being selfish.

3 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Some very dramatic posters on here.

I can see some preferring to watch the likes of Guy Branston and Ashley Westwood in stripes than Messi and Ronaldo in blue and white.

It's not as if stripes have been that much good luck for us, maybe the change in strip like the change in dugout will bring us more luck.

If you like stripes, go and support Newcastle, they have adorable stripes.

While you're obviously on the wind-up.. I'll bite. Football clubs are unique in the respect that each and every single one of them has their own identity. While some of these clubs have less ingrained identities due to the fact they simply haven't been around as long as others, clubs such as ours have an incredibly strong heritage and history that means a tremendous amount to a large proportion of supporters.

Yes, we may not have had stripes for all of our existence; nor does it really matter in the grand scheme of things, but Sheffield Wednesday as a football club (for me) are denoted by three things: being called The Owls, Hillsborough and playing in blue and white stripes. For my entire life I have supported Sheffield Wednesday who play in a blue and white kit. That means a lot to me, as it does others. The latest goings on are a real shame. 

If it means we can progress on and off the pitch, then I'm all for it. But it doesn't stop me from having a heavy heart about the change. 

Just now, RocketOwl said:

Hit a nerve.

Sheffield Wednesday play in blue and white. Could be stripes, hoops, next year kit. I am just pleased our divary dramatic fans only have the kit to moan about these days.

I would rather the kit be changed then the name, stadium name, colour. Chansiri has been very respectful, if he doesnt like stripes I am with him. 

No. The nerve is intact.

If you read my posts you will see that I have defended CC right to change the strip.  I do prefer stripes personally but you seem to have read my previous post out of context.  

Now run along.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, MOwl said:

While you're obviously on the wind-up.. I'll bite. Football clubs are unique in the respect that each and every single one of them has their own identity. While some of these clubs have less ingrained identities due to the fact they simply haven't been around as long as others, clubs such as ours have an incredibly strong heritage and history that means a tremendous amount to a large proportion of supporters.

Yes, we may not have had stripes for all of our existence; nor does it really matter in the grand scheme of things, but Sheffield Wednesday as a football club (for me) are denoted by three things: being called The Owls, Hillsborough and playing in blue and white stripes. For my entire life I have supported Sheffield Wednesday who play in a blue and white kit. That means a lot to me, as it does others. The latest goings on are a real shame. 

If it means we can progress on and off the pitch, then I'm all for it. But it doesn't stop me from having a heavy heart about the change. 

Sheffield Wednesday have an identity, a strong one and it's not shaped by stripes.

We are one of the oldest football clubs, we have a unique name and we have quite a unique stadium compared to all the new lego type ones.

You said it yourself, we have not always played in stripes, are colours are blue and white. Just because that is all certain fans can remember does not mean that we have to always play in stripes.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Holmes said:

No. The nerve is intact.

If you read my posts you will see that I have defended CC right to change the strip.  I do prefer stripes personally but you seem to have read my previous post out of context.  

Now run along.

Not sure it's Carlos decision but ok.

12 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

I can see some preferring to watch the likes of Guy Branston and Ashley Westwood in stripes than Messi and Ronaldo in blue and white.

It's not as if stripes have been that much good luck for us, maybe the change in strip like the change in dugout will bring us more luck.

IMG_7477.GIF.013f8fac7648a5d03b4eae901227d9da.GIF

In the grand scheme of life Sheffield Wednesday not playing in traditional blue and white stripes is not that important.

In the grand scheme of life Sheffield Wednesday are not that important.

In the Sheffield Wednesday scheme of things I am really annoyed we are not going to be playing in the traditional blue and white stripes for the foreseeable future.

55 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

There you go again.

4 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Sheffield Wednesday have an identity, a strong one and it's not shaped by stripes.

We are one of the oldest football clubs, we have a unique name and we have quite a unique stadium compared to all the new lego type ones.

You said it yourself, we have not always played in stripes

We've not always played in our current quite unique stadium

So how you gonna take it if we move

To one of those lego stadiums