Guest wilyfox
35 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I do not think he has shown anywhere near enough to suggest he should be starting for Wednesday at the moment.

Quite right, because he's injured. 

Overly harsh thread on Abdi, but he's one to have a serious thought over

He doesn't flourish in a midfield two, it makes him look very average at best. If we're going to persist, we need to move him on. The last thing we want is an average 31 year old central midfielder on  a long contract and huge wages we can't shift. 

He still has a very high stock after 3/4 great seasons... A very sellable asset. Another season similar to this one and we'll be stuck with him

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Overly harsh thread on Abdi, but he's one to have a serious thought over

He doesn't flourish in a midfield two, it makes him look very average at best. If we're going to persist, we need to move him on. The last thing we want is an average 31 year old central midfielder on  a long contract and huge wages we can't shift. 

He still has a very high stock after 3/4 great seasons... A very sellable asset. Another season similar to this one and we'll be stuck with him

Jesus someone actually said something reasonable...i salute you sir.

2 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

He's injured, don't see the point of this? He's had no where near the game time to get a good understanding of his "goodness". 

Maybe when he gets game time this thread should continue?

Im not saying Abdi is cr@p. 

My point is. People are saying he is a class act, runs games, should be playing over Bannan if fit.

Maybe long term and down to actual quality he is and should be, but he hasn't shown this, and currently isn't and shouldn't be playing over Bannan.

Just now, Fibonacci91 said:

My point is. People are saying he is a class act, runs games, should be playing over Bannan if fit.

Maybe long term and down to actual quality he is and should be, but he hasn't shown this, and currently isn't and shouldn't be playing over Bannan.

Agree with your point but it won't happen now because he's injured. Thus won't be picked for considerable amount of time, maybe the injury he had caused performances to dip?

im not saying he's class either just not comparable at the moment 

1 minute ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I agree he hasn't shown enough, but he's injured anyway for the rest of the season, so it's not even a discussion about whether he should play over Bannan because he can't anyway, so I don't really get your point. 

2 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

That's a different argument to your opening post and one I would agree with , however in a midfield three choosing between a fully fit Bannan and a fully fit Abdi then you would expect Abdi to offer us more.

However Abdi has not been fully fit nor have we truly played a midfield three which does not help his case , but to say he's been poor is incredibly harsh. 

51 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I cannot comment on this performance. I was not at this match. Regardless, I have seen him 6 or 7 other times and he has been nothing short of poor on every single level. Taking into account a very positive performance against Forest, I do not think he has shown anywhere near enough to suggest he should be starting for Wednesday at the moment.

Hang on you've asked to be pointed out so you can watch them back yet someone points out but you cannot comment. You wanted to comment. So watch it back and comment. A mediocre comment is take into account. A very positive yet you cannot comment MAKE YOUR MIND UP!! You watched it or not?!!!

2 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Hang on you've asked to be pointed out so you can watch them back yet someone points out but you cannot comment. You wanted to comment. So watch it back and comment. A mediocre comment is take into account. A very positive yet you cannot comment MAKE YOUR MIND UP!! You watched it or not?!!!

What the fvk you on about mate. People keep coming to me about this forest game. I was not at this away game. I do however go to all home games where i hvae seen abdi between 6-9 times. I have not seen 10 "positive moments" from him. 

I admit he may have had a good game against Forest,I was not there and therefore cannot comment but am admiting he had a positive game. 

Despite this he has put in 6-9 average - poor performances, certainly not a single above average or positive performances. One decent game against Forest does not mean he is a class act runs games or should be playing in front of Bannan

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Surely the obbsession with Abdi is simply a case of our fans wanting our big image big money signing to do well so they are telling themselves that he 'runs games' and 'looks a class act.' Surely fans are pretending that this is happening because thats what they want to be happening.

I havnt seen a single positive moment, barring an admittedly great goal, in his 6 or 7 appearances.

I'd like someone to point me towards 5 positive moments other than the goal.

Point out match and minute of said "positive moment" and I will watch back.

Has better ball possession than anyone in our squad.  Fact!

1 hour ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Surely the obbsession with Abdi is simply a case of our fans wanting our big image big money signing to do well so they are telling themselves that he 'runs games' and 'looks a class act.' Surely fans are pretending that this is happening because thats what they want to be happening.

I havnt seen a single positive moment, barring an admittedly great goal, in his 6 or 7 appearances.

I'd like someone to point me towards 5 positive moments other than the goal.

Point out match and minute of said "positive moment" and I will watch back.

Why. What is the aim of this post, are all of your posts going to be as silly as this one

:columbo:

For heavens sake! he has been injured most of this season, the only time he has looked like getting anywhere near match fitness was Notts Forest after that he got injured again. Come back and complain, if he has been rubbish, after he has had a run of 10 or so injury free games in the team. 

12 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

What the fvk you on about mate. People keep coming to me about this forest game. I was not at this away game. I do however go to all home games where i hvae seen abdi between 6-9 times. I have not seen 10 "positive moments" from him. 

I admit he may have had a good game against Forest,I was not there and therefore cannot comment but am admiting he had a positive game. 

Despite this he has put in 6-9 average - poor performances, certainly not a single above average or positive performances. One decent game against Forest does not mean he is a class act runs games or should be playing in front of Bannan

You said you'll watch the positive back yet you haven't that's what I'm on about your criticising a player you've not seen all time. Asked for evidence but not watched any evidence