12 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Surely the obbsession with Abdi is simply a case of our fans wanting our big image big money signing to do well so they are telling themselves that he 'runs games' and 'looks a class act.' Surely fans are pretending that this is happening because thats what they want to be happening.

I havnt seen a single positive moment, barring an admittedly great goal, in his 6 or 7 appearances.

I'd like someone to point me towards 5 positive moments other than the goal.

Point out match and minute of said "positive moment" and I will watch back.

People where saying similar things about Jones but given a run of games he has played himself into the team the same may apply to Abdi

3 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Thats a fair comment but to say he has looked class and runs games and should be playing over Bannan is literal insanity.

So his last 2 games he played, he was picked over Bannan. 

Then got injured. Not likely to get in over Bannan now he's on the physio table is he 

36 minutes ago, Woodhouse_owl said:

should sell him in the summer, get the money back, invest in a CB

I hope we don't, but if we are to persist with a central two, then I can't ever see us getting the best out of him. Both Newcastle and Brighton were interested in him when he signed for us, so maybe a swap for Hanley?

10 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

He has looked incredibly average at best, I am being incredibly generous there, every time I have seen him play. Point me to 3 positive moments in any game other than the Forest game. Watch the game back and get back to me with the minute of "positive moment"

I've come to the conclusion you haven't got a clue about the game !! Abdi does what Hooper does links up play , rarely wastes a pass has an eye for goal , is a forward thinking midfielder setting up attacking moves , we just haven't seen nowhere near enough of him . why do you not see any of the above ? 

27 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Surely the obbsession with Abdi is simply a case of our fans wanting our big image big money signing to do well so they are telling themselves that he 'runs games' and 'looks a class act.' Surely fans are pretending that this is happening because thats what they want to be happening.

I havnt seen a single positive moment, barring an admittedly great goal, in his 6 or 7 appearances.

Looks like the obsession is yours rather than anyone else's.

:columbo:

26 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I think there have been a few glimpses but I couldn't tell you when but I agree that people really want him to be the star that he perhaps could be, and have exaggerated memories of what he has actually done while playing for us. Not a criticism of him.

4 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I've come to the conclusion you haven't got a clue about the game !! Abdi does what Hooper does links up play , rarely wastes a pass has an eye for goal , is a forward thinking midfielder setting up attacking moves , we just haven't seen nowhere near enough of him . why do you not see any of the above ? 

Point me to 10 "positive moments" abdi has been involved in

He's proven himself at a better level unlike any of our other players. Watford fans loved him because of how good he was. Our one dimensional pass back play doesn't suit him, it's built for Bannan, who no matter how bad he plays always starts.

40 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I think there have been a few glimpses but I couldn't tell you when but I agree that people really want him to be the star that he perhaps could be, and have exaggerated memories of what he has actually done while playing for us. Not a criticism of him.

I guess it's the same for Rhodes and Reach, as well as Abdi  All came for a big fee, but for whatever reason, none have come anywhere near justifying the outlay That isn't to say we should give up on them, it's just the way it is at the moment

8 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I agree we haven't seen enough of him, and that actually he could be world class, but to say right now that he should be playing over Bannan, to say he has looked a class act and has ran games for us, simply isn't true. 

2 minutes ago, jordanl said:

He's proven himself at a better level unlike any of our other players. Watford fans loved him because of how good he was. Our one dimensional pass back play doesn't suit him, it's built for Bannan, who no matter how bad he plays always starts.

I dont give two flying fvks what watford fans thought of him, or who good he should or could be. to say he looks a class act, and runs games for us, is not true.