Blades to beat Sheffield Wednesday twice next season?

4 hours ago, Twaddle said:

Looks like he's got a blue and white striped shirt on to me under that coat.

Probably dreaming of what could have been many moons ago ....

Deane and Hirst would have been quite a strike force.Would have liked to have seen it happen.

2 hours ago, Kameron said:

I've seen some very poor United sides beat us comfortably even though we had much more quality.  

I still get a shudder when I think about the 91-92 season. I was sat with the great unwashed for the game at the Sty, not a pleasant experience. I never did use my ticket for their game against Luton (I think game)

Quite enjoy reading their forums at times I must say. The below quote from a thread suggesting who they should sign next season, of course they wouldn't want any comfortable top 6+ players... :duntmatter:

where did I say that said they wont do the double over us

1 double in 100 years and according to them always been better than us

you seem to be very much on their side
are you frightened of Rhodes,
or something , hes shuffle ,theyve nothing Id want

3 hours ago, Kameron said:

I've seen some very poor United sides beat us comfortably even though we had much more quality.  

In more recent times we've seen some pretty poor Wednesday sides have the better of United. 

The team that did the double over them was hardly a bunch of world beaters.

Season before we beat them 2-0 (deservedly so) with a midfield containing Ronnie Wallwork :duntmatter:

A young, fat Billy Sharp was playing in that if memory serves me correct. 

Why would'nt Sharp say what he has, I don't see the big deal, 100% of Wednesday fans would want exactly the same with the roles reversed.

I personally think they'll finish mid table BUT I hope they go straight back down with a record low points total and the only way we will play each other is if we draw them in a cup.

They've got a good manager in charge, that has to be said. 

However, while ever Mr McCabe is pulling the strings things will never be quite right - you only have to look at his comments about our fanbase immediately after their promotion to see what they are up against. 

We got the best of both worlds, a top manager and chairman who both have the relative skills to take us forward in the right manner (with class).  

Edited by AwokenGiant

It does depend on how they invest, but their squad as it stands is clearly worse than everybody in our division except Rotherham's. Also we might not be in it next season.

Billy Sharp is so thick that he probably has James Milner as a phone-a-friend.

8 hours ago, vulva said:

Yes, that's where this is heading. The similarity from when they did the double, with ragamuffins such as Gannon and Bradshaw, is uncanny. If in the same league I firmly believe they will have the best of the Derby matches, but we will finish 25 points in front. 

In fairness that year they did the double over us (especially at Bramal Lane) their players kicked the $h1t out of ours and the ref let them get away with it.

That sort of thing wouldn't happen now, especially if we got a Premiership ref for the match.

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

In fairness that year they did the double over us (especially at Bramal Lane) their players kicked the $h1t out of ours and the ref let them get away with it.

That sort of thing wouldn't happen now, especially if we got a Premiership ref for the match.