Hutchinson

Sheffield Wednesday's Sam Hutchinson has responded to Adam Hammill's claim that the Barnsley man should not have been sent off in December's derby encounter at Hillsborough.

Hammill was shown a straight red card for a tackle on Hutchinson after the Owls midfielder had successfully challenged the same player, whom he will face again at Oakwell on Saturday.

Speaking to BBC Radio Sheffield on Thursday, Hammill maintained his innocence, claiming he had gone to protect himself before adding that 10 years ago the referee would have waved play-on.

Hutchinson, though, has a different view of the incident, which he expressed in an interview with the broadcaster on Friday.

"No, he should have gone, he tried to two-foot me - that's the truth," said the former Chelsea youngster. "He's a winger and he can't tackle. I went in fairly and he tried to two-foot me - so that's what it is. I've got no hard feelings about that, but that's the truth."

Despite this, Hutchinson has insisted he holds no grudge against Hammill, accepting that players - "like I've done many a time" - can get carried away.

"Wingers, that's [tackling] not their game," he added. "I can't do skill. He can go and take someone on - I can't do that. I can tackle, that's what I do."

Hutchinson, who also claimed that Wednesday striker Sam Winnall had "joined a bigger club" upon leaving Barnsley in January, later encouraged Hammill to try his luck again on Saturday.

"I hope he tries to smash me," he said. "It'll be fun - I'll quite enjoy that."

55 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Sheffield Wednesday's Sam Hutchinson has responded to Adam Hammill's claim that the Barnsley man should not have been sent off in December's derby encounter at Hillsborough.

Hammill was shown a straight red card for a tackle on Hutchinson after the Owls midfielder had successfully challenged the same player, whom he will face again at Oakwell on Saturday.

Speaking to BBC Radio Sheffield on Thursday, Hammill maintained his innocence, claiming he had gone to protect himself before adding that 10 years ago the referee would have waved play-on.

Hutchinson, though, has a different view of the incident, which he expressed in an interview with the broadcaster on Friday.

"No, he should have gone, he tried to two-foot me - that's the truth," said the former Chelsea youngster. "He's a winger and he can't tackle. I went in fairly and he tried to two-foot me - so that's what it is. I've got no hard feelings about that, but that's the truth."

Despite this, Hutchinson has insisted he holds no grudge against Hammill, accepting that players - "like I've done many a time" - can get carried away.

"Wingers, that's [tackling] not their game," he added. "I can't do skill. He can go and take someone on - I can't do that. I can tackle, that's what I do."

Hutchinson, who also claimed that Wednesday striker Sam Winnall had "joined a bigger club" upon leaving Barnsley in January, later encouraged Hammill to try his luck again on Saturday.

Barnsley fans really not liking this. Idiots.

What a complete clown that fella is.
Inviting Adam Hammill to 'smash' him.

Obviously trying to wind Hammill up. I sincerely hope that Adam simply skips past the thrower on the way to stroking the ball into the net from 18 yards.

Can anyone. Enlighten me, who the **** is sam Hutchinson

He'd be the easiest footballer on the pitch to wind up tomorrow.....
He'll be in tears by half time

I've just listened to it.
What a complete and utter arrogant idiot !
I hope that Hammil responds in the manner in which we know he can, by skipping past him and scoring a goal !
The braying laughter at his comments in the background sickened me.
Oh how I want to beat these horrible barstewards tomorrow!

Cockney twonk

The only player I've seen be shown a red card and not get sent off. Adam even had to serve his ban for him.

Never mind Sammy the Snake, Hutchison is the snidest, most cowardly cheat they have - we should all take red cards to get out and boo him at every turn.

Presumably a dodgy bundle of used notes in a hollowed out John West tin, wrapped in a Tesco bag has already made its way to ref Kevin Friend's house as well.

This one had more sense.

It's funny when one of their players uses gamesmanship they get called names. But when one of ours does it such as Hammill saying Sam who or when Mcdonald said he'd have to be on the pitch, people love the banter.

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

Absolutely love the bloke. 

3 hours ago, ANDY said:

Hese only human after all don't put the blame on him,  nice one Sam 

26 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Barnsley fans now making fun of Hutchinson's depression problems. Cretins! 

I'm all for football banter but when it gets personal like that it makes me sick no matter what club or who they are there should be respect in football and much more of it 

I often think when we get post from other club's forum, "what would we say if the tables were turned" and I usually think that there might be an odd knóbhead comment but generally we wouldn't be as bad as the likes of these comments.

I don't know if it is always a clubs worst forum that are quoted or that other Owls forum are as bad as these.

I'd like to bit I can't believe that we are that much more honest than other clubs