Danny Murphy's best XI he faced

3 hours ago, Thewaynesday said:

This should help show them how good he was too..... it was also the first game I went ....

The best game i've ever seen at Hillsborough. Waddle got a 10 rating in the Sunday paper, i'd never seen that before. Outstanding performances usually got a 9, wouldn't have suprised me if David Burrows hung his boots up for good after that complete masterclass and he was no novice by all means. 

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I like Danny Murphy, he speaks very well and has retained his humility.

Yeah I agree. 

I enjoyed watching him pick his team and he's great to listen to.

He speaks so eloquently and he's a good pundit.

Yes a few good players mentioned there. I think Siggi went to Arsenal didn't he? Not sure what happened there as he seemed to disappear after that. Also Chris Bart-Williams had a few decent games for us. What happened to him?

8 minutes ago, Kevan said:

Yes a few good players mentioned there. I think Siggi went to Arsenal didn't he? Not sure what happened there as he seemed to disappear after that. Also Chris Bart-Williams had a few decent games for us. What happened to him?

Went to Forest for then big money this very season in question. Ended up in Malta towards the end. His career didn't exactly fulfill its potential. Same season Pleat sold Ingesson to Bari (I think). He dismantled a hell of a team.

1 minute ago, Wild Will Smith said:

Went to Forest for then big money this very season in question. Ended up in Malta towards the end. His career didn't exactly fulfill its potential. Same season Pleat sold Ingesson to Bari (I think). He dismantled a hell of a team.

Yeh, I had something about Forest in the back of my mind but couldn't remember clearly what happened. At the time I lived and worked in Nottingham too, so I should have remembered! Thanks WWS.

1 hour ago, steveger said:

Back then i used to enjoy going to Hillsborough just to see him play, was very lucky to see him play, something our younger fans have missed out on, when we used to have "better" quality  midfielders .... miles and miles better quality than we have had lately ...

Some of the creative players they have missed out on, this is just my personal opinion and choice, obviously not everyone will agree with me on them all.....

Siggi, John Sheridan, "Didwell" Wilson, Chris-Bart Williams, John Harkes, Graham Hyde, Carlton Palmer, Chris Waddle, Klass Ingesson, Niclas Alexandersson, Petter Rudi, Regi Blinker, even Matt Hamshaw was looking good

later on they may have been lucky enough to see, Brunt,Whelan and JP McGovern, even Etienne Esajas had the potential and most definitely the technical ability and oozed skill, but he blew it and couldn't be arsed, real shame as he would have been amazing if he could be arsed IMO

Never heard Graham Hyde being described as creative before!

3 hours ago, Kevan said:

Siggi was never the same player after Souness broke his leg in '86.

Obviously it wasn't immediately career ending like Ian Knight, and Arsenal still took a punt 3 years later, but as I say.... Never the same player after that.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Just now, Neal M said:

Obviously it wasn't immediately career ending like Ian Knight, and Arsenal still took a punt 3 years later, but as I say.... Never the same player after that.

Yeah never the same which was a pity as he was comfortable on the ball, could pass and shoot.  Wouldn't be out of place in any Wednesday team.  

3 hours ago, steveger said:

Back then i used to enjoy going to Hillsborough just to see him play, was very lucky to see him play, something our younger fans have missed out on, when we used to have "better" quality  midfielders .... miles and miles better quality than we have had lately ...

Some of the creative players they have missed out on, this is just my personal opinion and choice, obviously not everyone will agree with me on them all.....

Siggi, John Sheridan, "Didwell" Wilson, Chris-Bart Williams, John Harkes, Graham Hyde, Carlton Palmer, Chris Waddle, Klass Ingesson, Niclas Alexandersson, Petter Rudi, Regi Blinker, even Matt Hamshaw was looking good

later on they may have been lucky enough to see, Brunt,Whelan and JP McGovern, even Etienne Esajas had the potential and most definitely the technical ability and oozed skill, but he blew it and couldn't be arsed, real shame as he would have been amazing if he could be arsed IMO

I was nodding along all the way through this until esajas was mentioned , probably my least favourite Wednesday player of all time ! 

7 hours ago, Onge said:

Waddle is my all time favourite player and even if we go on to win the Champions League multiple times and I live to 100 I doubt he'll ever be dethroned. Absolute definition of legend.

^^^^^^^This

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

28 minutes ago, Neal M said:

Wish you hadn't mentioned that, it still makes my blood boil, that tackle was equal only to Keane's on Haaland.

Siggi was giving Souness the run around and he took him out the game. it broke my heart and I hate Souness with a passion for it.

Siggi was a favourite of mine at the time, he was going to be a big star but for that wan ker.

Edited by Weshallovercome

28 minutes ago, steveger said:

Wasn't saying he was good mate, just saying he had the option of being one of them players, he just couldnt be bothered, waste of a player, waste of undoubted talent and potential....

On reality he was rubbish

I just had some nasty flash backs to watching him plod about doing very little ! How Brian laws got that side to finish 9 th one season I'll never know !