Cushions

21 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

And to think this happened as well just 10 years later. :Sid:lol

giphy.gif

What was conveniently omitted from the TV broadcast was that Wednesday came out first after HT and Chris Turner got a couple of dozen chucked at him by the Gooner fans on the Lep completely ignoring the fact that it was bound to provoke the Wednesday fans to retaliate on Jennings at the Kop end.

Edited by Utah Owl

9 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

What was conveniently omitted from the TV broadcast was that Wednesday came out first after HT and Chris Turner got a couple of dozen chucked at him by the Gooner fans on the Lep completely ignoring the fact that it was bound to provoke the Wednesday fans to retaliate on Jennings at the Kop end.

I admit i was a thrower......

No swear filter involved in this post so fùck right off !!!

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 3

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I was a thrower......

I was in the North Stand (towards the Kop) that day treating my Mum. We didn't have any snow to chuck at him!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I wonder how many 1867 plaques will be thrown onto the pitch if we have a bad start next season....2?..................3?

Are there that many?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

I was in the North Stand (towards the Kop) that day treating my Mum. We didn't have any snow to chuck at him!

I also got hit with a few (cushions)

And also borrowed one :tango:

Before mum marched me down  Leppings lane to return it !!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I also got hit with a few (cushions)

And also borrowed one :tango:

Before mum marched me down  Leppings lane to return it !!!

Bit off topic, similar story.

Me and a mate had just taken up golf and needed some balls. Went up to Arnold Palmer golf range at Bradway and sneaked  some balls out and got the bus home.

Counting the balls out in the kitchen when my dad came in and saw them. Drove us back to the range to take them back.

Getting them out was easy, smuggling them back in was bloody difficult. Never nicked anything since.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Bit off topic, similar story.

Me and a mate had just taken up golf and needed some balls. Went up to Arnold Palmer golf range at Bradway and sneaked  some balls out and got the bus home.

Counting the balls out in the kitchen when my dad came in and saw them. Drove us back to the range to take them back.

Getting them out was easy, smuggling them back in was bloody difficult. Never nicked anything since.

Brought you up just as I wanted.

your stepdad did 

Son .......

Were they range balls or 90 compression Balatas?

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 2

I remember a game in late 1981 v Luton at home which ended 3-3 It is the worst refereeing display I have ever seen at a game. Wednesday were well and truly robbed. The referee was called John Lovatt from Crewe.

This game was shown in YTVs The Big game. At the end of the game several cushions were launched from the North stand.

On 25/03/2017 at 22:45, hirstysboots said:

Happened almost every game in the early 70s, wish some of today's moaners would just realise how good things are for the club right now! 

How good? Harsh plastic seats, no leg room. None of this "cushion" malarkly you mollycoddled snowflakes had :)

• Haha 2