Cushions

9 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

My Arse is really suffering this afternoon.WTF::duntmatter:

I always wondered why some of the cushions had holes in the middle like a polo mint, lol . Used to think it was for letting the farts escape :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

On 25/03/2017 at 22:31, The Dukeries Owl said:

I believe it was on trend to express one's disappointment at the time to propel said items onto the field of play, probably late 60's at a guess?

Also rife in the 70's and early 80's

On 25/03/2017 at 22:43, philby said:

Recall a game V Liverpool when an equaliser was denied by ref - must have been the 70's. Came on from the North.

I was on the Kop so had to limit discontent to shouting.

I recall that one really well,ruled a goal out and Liverpool went up the other end and scored,three quarters of the pitch were covered in cushions,ref buggered off up the tunnel and everyone thought hed abandoned the game,he came back out played about 2 minutes and blew for time with a good 3 minutes PLUS injury time still left,cushions never stopped raining down so he basically pulled the game......to$$er even the scousers in the North that day called it daylight robbery,ref gave them every decision,think it was Arrowsmith that scored the goal for them.

It was on YTV sunday afternoon and guess what,they edited the cushion throwing out and cut the highlites to strait after the goal,pu$$ies