Cushions

I've come across this thread as I'm currently researching and writing a book on the darkest times - 1973-76. Would love to hear any stories from that time (cushion related or not!). I gather that then chairman Sir Andrew Stephen resigned after some particularly vociferous protests in late 1973 - with the odd cushion thrown. The next chairman sacked Derek Dooley on Christmas Eve, so maybe cushions have a lot to answer for!

More detail on what I'm up to here:

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:44, Jakes Grandad said:

Can't remember one being chucked at a player though? Just thrown on to show displeasure of the teams performance, usually after every home game late 60s early 70s

Think it was the 69/70 season when the ref had to halt the game when hundreds of 'em landed on the pitch from the cantilever after yet another horrendous decision by the officials.

2 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Think it was the 69/70 season when the ref had to halt the game when hundreds of 'em landed on the pitch from the cantilever after yet another horrendous decision by the officials.

And to think this happened as well just 10 years later. :Sid:lol

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

And to think this happened as well just 10 years later. :Sid:lol

giphy.gif

Snowballs were good fun, but not half as much fun as a British Rail Izal bogroll. You could get some reyt bend on 'em with that shiny side lol 

• Haha 3

On 25/03/2017 at 22:31, roaminowl said:

It must have been quicker and easier to pick them all up from the pitch. rather than walking up and down the rows of seats. Helpful as always us Wednesdayites. lol

so the cushion collector used to slip the linesman 10 bob to drop a boll*ck with ten minutes to go.

• Haha 1