Carlos's Managerial Record

9 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I agree with all this

I don't believe there is a huge number of people who want Carlos "out" per se (though they'll always be a vocal minority). 

I just think many of us have come to the conclusion based on our performances this season and the squad he's assembled, that he might not be the man to take us up.

Incidentally, there is nothing in his previous track record, before coming to S6 to prove otherwise

I would genuinely loved to be proved wrong

If DC was as knee-jerk as some on here we won't get that chance. 

As for Carlos' track record, 2 seasons in the Champ both top 6.

Season 1 - 90 mins away and only a wonder strike prevented us from going up

Season 2 - Could very well be at Wembley again.

1 minute ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

As for Carlos' track record, 2 seasons in the Champ both top 6.

Season 1 - 90 mins away and only a wonder strike prevented us from going up

Season 2 - Could very well be at Wembley again.

I was referring to his record before coming here.

He simply doesn't have the experience of building and improving on a side season on season.

I'm not saying he's not capable of it

Oh and we haven't finished 6th for a second season yet

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Sheff Wed: Played 96 W43 D26 L27

Besiktas: Played 47 W22 D9 L16

Sporting CP: Played 33 W16 D7 L10

Vitória Setúbal: Played 34 W14 D13 L7

Belenenses:: Played 42 W16 D7 L19

why has he managed less then 50 games at all those clubs except us?

These stats are quite interesting.  I would love him to get us up but I wonder if he's reached his limit. Certainly performances are down despite increased spending. 

6 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I was referring to his record before coming here.

He simply doesn't have the experience of building and improving on a side season on season.

I'm not saying he's not capable of it

Oh and we haven't finished 6th for a second season yet

What experience has Wagner/ Monk got? 

Guest Kameron
3 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

A funny thing is football support, I well recall supporters stating that Trevor Francis rode on the back of Ron Atkinson's signings. They must have forgotten his 20 signings that included Chris (whoops) Woods, Paul Warhurst, Mark Bright, Chris Waddle, Des Walker, Chris Bart Williams, Nigel Jemson, Andy Sinton, Dan Pretescu and Guy Whittington, OK some of the others were pants, but that can be said of many managers.

Don't expect Carlos to change a team of clowns into one of champions overnight, our injury list is appalling, FF could pick up an injury on 'A Question of Sport', and we have three new major signings who need to settle in, Reach is never going to e a full back, hopefully Carlos has realised that. Even if we miss out on the play-offs I don't advocate yet another change of manager.

Think yer right, we can't expect miracles over night  I think we should all judge him once DC gets his money out and backs him properly.  He's only being allowed to sign 30 players  as well as offering new contracts to Loovens, Nuhiu, Semedo, & Palmer.

Claude Dielna

Jake Kean

Filipe Melo

Lucas Joao

Modou Sougou

Darryl Lachman

Lewis McGugan

Fernando Forestieri

Morgan Fox

Barry Bannan

Vincent Sasso

Will Buckley Loan

Daniel Pudil

Ross Wallace

Jack Hunt

Urby Emanuelson

Marco Matias

Jordan Rhodes

Gary Hooper

Sam Winnall

Callum McManaman Loan

Adam Reach

Almen Abdi

Steven Fletcher

David Jones

Rhoys Wiggins

Lewis Price

Alex Lopez Loan

Ade McGeady Loan

Joe Bennett Loan

Edited by Kameron

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

suppose it depends on how you define progress , if it's league position then yes we havnt progressed as things stand but if you think he's building a better squad of players to get to where he wants us to be then I think we have progressed ......I know everyone wants instant success but I'm of the believe that it takes 2 years to  build a good squad bit by bit but next season if he's still here then he as to deliver otherwise we are going to have to start again .

Don't think people realise you can't use league position to judge progress.

The comparatives aren't static...

A few points on here about saying Brighton have gone from Relegation candidates to Promotion in 2 seasons is conveniently forgetting that for a few seasons before that Brighton were competing for play offs.

Also somebody has listed players signed before CC even became manager or even when he did we all know at the start a committee signed the players.

Can we just get facts right before slagging him please.

Most disappointing thing about this season so far has been realising how many moany, Whiny self entitled fans we have who think success is a right for us and seem to have erased the last 15 years from there memory.

WAWAW so let's support the club that's improved beyond all recognition in these last few years.

22 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Carlos is just Head Coach, not a manager. Never has had that job.

Suggests he 's not wholly responsible for crap recruitment. 

Didn't see too many not happy about the signings we have made under CC.  They wait six months then tell us how so was a crap and anyone could see it... laughable.

11 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

A few points on here about saying Brighton have gone from Relegation candidates to Promotion in 2 seasons is conveniently forgetting that for a few seasons before that Brighton were competing for play offs.

Also somebody has listed players signed before CC even became manager or even when he did we all know at the start a committee signed the players.

Can we just get facts right before slagging him please.

Most disappointing thing about this season so far has been realising how many moany, Whiny self entitled fans we have who think success is a right for us and seem to have erased the last 15 years from there memory.

WAWAW so let's support the club that's improved beyond all recognition in these last few years.

Think a lot have also forgot that Brighton chopped and changed managers a number of times eventually bringing in a quality championship manager who has been an assistant manager and then manager in the U.K for a fair few years.

Diego Poyet, 

Oscar Garcia, 

Sami Hypia 

Thing is Brighton did well under Poyet who left for bigger things but Hypiaa was a shocking appointment that nearly undid all the good work put in for 2/3 seasons before that.

Luckily like you say they then got Hughton who has got them back on track.

We would take a huge gamble getting rid of Carlos as who knows if we'd get a Hypia or a Hughton. 

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

He has built a much better squad, that is for sure. But of course that is predominately down to DC providing funds.

However, it is pretty clear he has struggled to get the best out of his buys. He hasn't got the best out of a very costly set of strikers, nor PL-experienced midfielders and wingers.

The results after 38 games are on a par with last year, but the performances are far lower. I have deep concerns that he absolutely at the peak of his level, and by sticking with him we are risking throwing away a golden opportunity to gain promotion against modest competition.

Certainly I would change him immediately, provided someone like Pearson or Pardew are up for us.

You make valid points.

Pearson and pardew had time to learn the ropes in the English leagues.

My credo is to give the coach the players he wants and build as a group.

Let the coach make mistakes...but not allow them to repeat them.

Two seasons isn't enough time to build a Premiership team imo..wherever your resources.